I raise my eyebrows at him while dad lets out an angry snarl.

“I won’t let you kill my wife!” dad roars. “There must be a way to cure her.”

“And how’s that going? Any progression?” Alpha asks him, stepping closer to dad.

“We’re getting there.” Dad takes a step forward too.

Alpha and dad have the same height so their noses are almost touching as they show their teeth in warning. It reminds me so much of how wolves would dominate each other.

“Stop it,” I say, pushing dad away from Alpha. “You – ” I point at Alpha “ – will not harm my mother. Killing my mother is not the only answer.” I look at Lisbeth who is still holding onto Caleb’s arm. “Lisbeth, it is your choice. Do you want to leave or stay?”

Lisbeth looks up at Caleb who has an unreadable expression.

“I want to stay,” Lisbeth decides.

Alpha punches the wall, leaving a dent in it. He stomps off and out of the mansion to God knows where.

“In the meantime, you must not enter this mansion,” I tell her. “For safety reasons. My mother and you are to not make any sort of contact. I’m sorry, Lisbeth, but this is the only way to assure the Minotaurs your safety.”

The Minotaurs, including Caleb nods with a grim look.

“Okay,” she says flatly, like she doesn’t want to argue. Luckily for us, there is a barn close to the mansion. Now that there are witches, Minotaurs, Demigods and shifters on our side, the barn is used as a temporary stay until this madness ends.

The shifters and witches are staying in the mansion while the Demigods and Minotaur stay in the barn. Bobbi lead Ester to mum’s room so she can figure out a way to reverse the curse. All this while, I didn’t see Nero anywhere. Ella told me that he refused to leave his room after his cousin’s death. I am tempted to go in and talk to him but dad told me not to.

After talking to mum and dad, I walk into the kitchen to have something light. So far, I hadn’t seen Augustus anywhere.

“You must be pizza girl who always phoned Mary!” a boy tells me when I enter the kitchen. I recognize that annoying voice.

“Stop disturbing her, Jake,” a girl who has the same blue eyes as him says, whacking his shoulder.

“How violent of you, Jane! I swear Mary influenced you!” he complains, rubbing his arm.

I roll my eyes when the twins bicker back and forth. Quietly, I grab a chocolate bar from the fridge and walk to the living room which is empty. The sound of the piano hypnotizes me suddenly. Without me being aware of it, I follow the beautiful music until I find Augustus playing the piano. His eyes are closed in concentration as his fingers glide through the keys. Through the captivating music, I feel frustration, sadness, anger and other emotions that are so strong that it makes me gasp. Augustus does not seem to notice me standing behind of him as he presses the keys harder and louder. Half-way, he stops and lets out an angry sigh.

“What’s wrong?” I ask softly, making him jump in startle.

“How long have you been there?” he asks, ignoring my question.

“A minute or so. Tell me what’s the matter.”

“Nothing,” he replies coldly, standing up. “Just nothing.”

“Augustus,” I say, wanting to kiss him, but he had already left me alone with the piano. I sigh heavily. No matter what is upsetting him, I’m going to find out what is it.

I chase after him until he reaches a river not far from the mansion. He stares at the angry water before taking a pebble and throw it.

“Augustus,” I say, walking over to him. “Please tell me what’s in your mind.”

He turns around to see me. His mouth is lined tightly like he is about to let out a scream. His arms started shaking at his sides. The dragon tattoo glows unnoticeably.

“I need to do something,” he tells me through his gritted teeth. “Don’t worry about me. I’ll be back soon.”

I take a step towards him. “What do you mean?”

Without hesitation, he jumps into the river, letting the current drive him away from me. I stand there in confusion, praying that Augustus will be back soon.

Author's Note

My last A/N was kinda odd. It's so strange to write in two different languages at the same time. Anyway, do you enjoy this chapter? Confused with why everyone is so angry all of a sudden?

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.