1: 3 Months

The yokai's name was Arina. She walked around wearing black because she didn't like to be noticed. She didn't want people to even know where she was. She was way too popular because of her set of skills. Her set of skills she developed because of her interest.

But this day, she was running. Running away from someone. The place was in a mess from some intruders. Thieves she heard. But that wasn't her business. She was escaping from a bunch of yokais who were after her life.

She was running down the stairs when she tripped and fell to the bottom. She started to stand again but that's when she realised bullets were heading towards her back. There wasn't time to dodge. She had to take it. " Damn it. " She thought.

Except the bullets were repelled by a whip. She was saved. She looked up.

I looked up. That was the first time I met Yoko Kurama. I could tell. He was a cool guy. The kind that thinks and thinks about the benefits. The very rational type.

He finished off the followers off with his whip in a flash. He looked down to her and asked " who are you ?" He looked to her with not much care. Just maybe arrogance and just a little bit curiosity.

She stood up and pats off the dust of her black dress " Arina. "

Kurama: why are they after you ?

Arina : I cured their boss. They have a lot money, I thought I would take some horns for payment. They were chasing me because they got angry.

He laughed a little " why would you need horns for ? "

Arina : medicine purposes.

Kurama : so you're a healer ?

Arina : doctor. Don't mix me with those. They use yoki to heal. I do that too, but I have a set of skills they don't.

Kurama : and what's that ?

Arina : surgeries and using of potions and chemicals.

Kurama : if you're a doctor who can cut, why didn't you kill them ? You should be able too, easily.

Arina : I... Don't want to hurt or kill anyone if it's necessary...

He laughed again at her " I've never heard someone say that. Are you really a yokai ? "

Arina : I'm... Just not interested. Killing and hurting. They're just cheapskate. It's just horns. Not like it hurts them. Plus, I wasn't even asking any monetary payment.

Kurama : you're really a weird one.

Arina : anyway. Arigatou. I'm leaving now.

Kurama : Arina. Want to be my doctor ?

Arina : huh ? You guys are thieves isn't it ?

Kurama : we get hurt too. It would be nice to have a doctor who doesn't want payment.

Arina : you're not the first who asks me of that. But it's not like you have an interesting illness for me to cure. So... Bye bye.

Kurama : I did just save your life.

Arina : mmmm... 3 months. I'll stay for 3 months.

Kurama : it's settled then.