Chapter 34

---

Jai’s POV:

I can’t sleep, I can’t eat, I can’t drink, I can’t even move. The love of my life who I’ve been dating for a year and 8 months in diagnosed with cancer. All her emotions from how she felt when her sister has cancer I feel them now. I can’t be the same knowing Felicity has a chance to die. How can I be so stupid? How couldn’t I pick up on these symptoms and at least take her to the doctors. I’m the fucking worst boyfriend ever. I could’ve helped her; I could’ve made her get better 100% without having a chance of her not making it. I checked my phone and it was 7am. I look to the side and see Skylar and Luke asleep as she was crying a lot yesterday.

I couldn’t even cry, as much as I tried no tears were coming out, there were just thoughts and guilt rushing through my head. A nurse passed by and I asked if I could see my girl but she said she is still sleeping.

I slouched down on the chair with my hand in my head as I was trying to at least get a nap, knowing I haven’t slept.

I heard shuffling as I turned my head seeing Luke wake up.

“What time is it?” He asked trying not to move so Skylar won’t wake up.

“7am.” I replied.

I felt his hand on my shoulder as I looked at him.

“She will be okay bro, we can help her.” He said.

I tried to smile but I couldn’t I just nodded.

“I could’ve helped her, made her better faster.” I said.

“You didn’t know, don’t blame yourself, she would hate you seeing in this state. Try to make her happy; keep her mind off from this as the doctors treat her. The more she thinks positively the better for her health.” He said.

I smiled at him.

“Thank you.” I said.

He smiled back.

----

Skylar was still sleeping as it was now 9am. Luke was kind of drifting off as I think he fell asleep again.

The same nurse came out of Felicity’s room giving me a small smile as she was coming towards me.

“She wants to see you.” She said.

I stood up as I was making my way to her door. I opened it as I saw her there laying down so tired and with so many wires connected to her.

I smiled.

“I missed you.” She said.

I don’t know why, but hearing her voice just hit me.

I began crying as I stood beside her holding her hand.

She carefully and slowly moved over as she patted a spot next to her. I sat down as she put her arm around me as I carefully cried leaning my head on her shoulder.

“I couldn’t helped you.” I cried.

She had her hands in my hair as she was laughing slightly.

“It’s okay Jai, don’t cry please.” She said.

“I’m such a bad boyfriend.”

“You’re kidding me right? You are the best boyfriend which I love so much.” She said kissing my head.

“I love you too.” I said facing her and kissing her dry lips.

We pulled apart as I looked at her.