Chapter 2

It’s been two god damn weeks and I’m just strolling down the crowded streets to know what I’m going to be doing with my life.

I have been living as a homeless and I was expecting that and honestly it’s much better than living with that monster I used to live with.  I have been sleeping on the hard cement with a small blanket a friendly citizen gave to me.

Every morning the Steve the hotdog cart guy gives me a hotdog and tries to have a conversation with me but I really don’t say anything back besides nod or thank him quietly. I really never had a friendly conversation with a stranger let alone a friend in a long time, so I really didn’t want one right now.

I knew I have to get on my feet and start looking around for a job so I could save some money to buy a apartment or flat for rent to live in because I can’t live on the streets eating hotdogs my whole life. Usually all the 18 year old girls are partying or living their lives with their amazing boyfriends or families when I’m just here.

I finished my hotdog and waved at Steve as I decided to keep moving.

“Where are you going?” He asked me.

“I’m moving on.” I forcefully smiled and waved goodbye.

“Stay safe Skylar.”

I nodded at him and began walking. A lot of people gave me weird stares probably thinking about the bruises and cuts on my face. Way to make me more insecure than I already am.

 As I was walking and letting the pathway lead me, I was wondering if my mom even noticed I was gone. She probably is glad that her daughter who was a pain in the ass is gone, but probably misses her punching bag.

I got out of my thoughts from the loud rumbling noise coming from my stomach. Shit I’m hungry.

I looked around and found a small café that I thought would have something I was able to afford with few money strangers have given me. I entered in and it wasn’t busy there were only few people in here. I stood behind the line as a man and a woman were in front of me.

As I was getting the money out of my bag to count I couldn’t help but eavesdrop in their conversation.

“But I need to get someone fast Mariam before the boys start complaining and they might end up firing me.” He said.

“Don’t worry Ronnie, we will find someone, how hard can it be to find a person willing to clean or listen to whatever the guys want that person to do.” She said I’m guessing her name was Mariam.

This might be faith, I need to get this job not like I have to give in a resume or something.

“I’ll do it!” I blurted and quickly covered my mouth knowing I just said that.

They both turn around and looked at me up and down and I looked to the ground knowing they are probably judging me.

“Did you say something?” The man asked me.

I looked up at him and he had brown eyes and had a good shape. Mariam was really pretty she looked like a model with that flawless skin and perfect body.

“Um, I’m sorry to eavesdrop in your conversation sir, but I was interested in having that job to work as the servant which mostly sounds like the slave.”  I waited from him to reply.

He looked to Mariam and Mariam looked at him and they both kept whispering to each other while I was just standing there fiddling with my fingers as my hair was getting in front of my face.

“How old are you?” He finally replied.

“18 and I’ll do whatever I’m just really need a job and am willing to do anything.” I said.