Chapter 25

Skylar’s POV:

I opened my eyes and I was at the park that was in New York, the one where my father and I were always hanging out. Why am I here? Am I dead?

I was walking around and no one was around me it was just me and the empty park. I walked on the rough sand as it was on my bare feet and sat on the swing swinging slowly.

Am I seriously alone even when I’m dead?

“Skylar?” A voice came from behind me.

I looked back as I recognized that voice, it was my father.

“Oh my god Dad!” I cried happily and hugged him.

“Is this really you?” I mumbled while hugging him as he hugged me back.

“It’s me sweetie.” He said.

“Does this mean I’m dead?” I asked as I faced him.

He  softly smiled at me.

“You’re not dead yet, you get to make a choice if you want to or not.” He said.

“What do you mean?” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“A part of you wants to die because of your past  but a part of you wants to stay because of your friends and boyfriend who care about you.” He smiled.

“Wait? How do you know about my friends and boyfriends?”

“I watch you Sky, wow that came out creepy.” He chuckled and I laughed alittle.

“That Luke boy is a good kid and I know he loves you as much as I love you.” He said with his hands on my shoulders.

“You didn’t deserve to die daddy, I miss you.” I said crying softly.

“Shh, don’t blame yourself it wasn’t anyones fault, the fire happened because of the gas leak, it was you who started it.” He said wiping my tears.

“But you and mom were outside and I was being the dramatic little girl who decided to lock herself in her room, it should’ve been me.” I cried.

“Don’t say that, you know I would do anything for you, and you were a little girl you didn’t know it wasn’t your fault Skylar.”  He said hugging me again.

“But I want to stay here with you, my life is horrible mom sh—“ He cut me off.

“I know what mom does but your safe now with the boys and Felicity they need you as much as you need them.” He said.

“But I miss you so much, it hurts.” I sobbed.

“Here let me take you somewhere.” He said grabbing my hand.

The place went white and I was at the hospital’s waiting room in my robe with my father’s hand still holding mines.

I saw the whole group broken in front of my eyes.

Felicity was sobbing so much as she was on the ground while Jai was cradling her, I can’t believe I meant so much too her. The guys were crying as well but not more than Felicity.

“Where’s Luke?” I questioned.

He gave me a small smile and made his way towards my room.

In front of my room was Luke sobbing and shouting as he was punching the walls screaming my name.

“IT’S ALL MY FAULT! YOU DON’T DESERVE TO DIE!” He shouted.

“YOU CAN’T DIE YOU CAN’T LEAVE ME! I NEED YOU!” He sobbed as he slid down on the ground crying.