Which happened to be exactly what I was doing right now.

I knew Nialler was looking for me. I heard him running back and forth, yelling my name and getting more worried by the second, but I was ready to be found yet. I needed a couple minutes of alone time before the whole auditorium was ready to murder me.

Maybe they won’t want to murder me, just throw things at me and call me names. I could handle that. I couldn’t handle an angry mob with pitch forks and torches though. That would be nearly impossible to run from. Just imagine a girl running down the streets of Atlanta with this huge crowd of Directioners with torches and pitch forks and whatever other sharp objects they could get their hands on…

I shook my head as my phone started to ring, bringing me out of my moment of insanity. I glanced at the screen and saw Niall’s name. “Hey.”

“Kora! Where the heck are ya? I’ve been lookin’ for the past thirty minutes!”

“Sorry… I needed some time to myself. I’m in the supply closet outside of your dressing room.”

“Supply closest…? Why? Never mind, you can explain it in a second.” The line went dead as the door in front of me was pulled open. Niall took one look at me sitting on a mop bucket with my crutches propped beside the broom on my right and shook his head. “Kora, what’s wrong?”

“I’m afraid of what the audience will think of our engagement…”

“It doesn’t matter what they think. All that matters is that your mum sees it and reacts. Don’t worry, princess, I’ll protect ya from our fans.”

I smiled and pushed myself onto my feet and into his arms. “Thank you.”

He kissed my forehead before handing me my crutches and following me down the hall. We went straight backstage, gathering with the rest of the band. Everyone had their arms around each other and were in a huge circle, the usual pre-show routine. We melted right into the circle, listening to each boy give a pep talk to everyone else. Once the speeches were over, everyone put their hands in and threw them in the air, yelling out whatever came to mind.

I hobbled over to the side of the stage where Niall told me to stand while the boys ran onstage. It was only a matter of time now…

“Vas happenin’, Atlanta!” Zayn yelled, earning a whole crowd’s worth of cheers in return.

Liam’s voice boomed out of the speakers next. “How is everyone tonight?”

His response was a mixture of screams and wails.

“Are you guys ready for a party?” Harry asked, sounding as cheeky as ever. I rolled my eyes at the thought of the look on his face right now.

“Don’t get their hopes up, Harold,” Louis scolded. “This ain’t no party, obviously. It’s a concert.”

“Why can’t it be a party too?”

“You’re ruining the surprise!” I heard a thump and knew Louis must have whacked Harry upside the head.

“Ow! Louis!”

“Harry!” Louis whined back, his voice full of sass.

I rolled my eyes at those two, knowing the audience was loving every minute of their banter.

“Anyway….” Liam said.

I held my breath as Niall’s voice filled the building.

“I have some news for you guys!” He sounded more excited than he had when he was talking about it earlier. “Kora, come out here?”

Danielle pushed me forward, forcing me to hobble my way onto the stage. Screams greeted me as I waved to the audience and made my way to Nialler’s side. He put his arm around my waist when I stopped beside him, giving me a big squeeze of reassurance and causing me to release the air I was still holding in my lungs.

“You all know my girlfriend Kora-A.K.A. Red-right?” Niall asked, looking out at the crowd.

The usual screams answered him.

I waved again as Niall held the microphone out to me. “Hey, guys!”

“Well, we have an announcement.” Niall fiddled with the microphone, his nerves suddenly getting the best of him. He looked down at me, mouthing “On three?” I nodded and waited for him to start counting. “One.”

I took a deep breath. “Two.”

“Three.”

I held up my left hand, flashing the ring as we both yelled, “We’re engaged!”

There was complete silence for about two minutes.

Then the audience exploded.

Um... Hi.

So yeah, as y'all probably have noticed I haven't uploaded in like a month. Oops... I'm really sorry about that. I didn't mean for it to happen. I'm not going to make excuses, I'm going to be honest. I just haven't been in the mood to write. I kinda had writer's block, but then I just got busy with school and this weird little thing I discovered called a 'social life'. It's an odd thing that involves actually being around people. Strange, right? Anway, yeah that's basically why I've been missing. I'm not dead or anything in case any of you were wondeirng. Thanks for sticking around and being patient with me, though! That really means a lot. I love y'all :) <3

Oh! And Seashells won the voting thing so now you are all my Seashells! Thanks to Ayana for coming up with that name :)

I think that's all I wanna say so onto the question of the chapter.

What has been your favorite/best birthday present ever? Mine was from Katy this year. She got me a white fedora (which I have been wanting forever) then she made me a pair of 1D shorts! She cut off some jeans and used puffy paint to put One Direction stuff and my favorite Youtubers all over the shorts. They're seriously the most amazing things ever. Then she also made me a CD of two remixed One Direction songs (WMYB and One Thing) then a mega mix of their songs. I love it and it was the best present ever.

Hope y'all enjoyed the chapter!

PEACESKIES! xx Shel