Chapter 19

Here's chapter 19! Yay!

So, if yo read my fanfic Dance With Me, you know I want to start asking a question in every chapter of each of my fanfics. So the question of this chapter is: Besides One Direction, who are some singers of bands you're obsessing over right now? For me, it's Ed Sheeran, Cher Lloyd, The Script, and Boyce Avenue.

PEACESKIES!! xx Shel

Chapter 19

I yawned and stretched, keeping my eyes squeezed shut because I wasn’t ready to wake up completely yet. I rolled onto my side and reached out to wrap my arm around Niall’s torso, but all I found next to me was an empty side of the bed. My brows furrowed, I popped one eye open to see that sure enough Niall wasn’t lying next to me.

“Nialler?” I called out, my voice full of sleep.

No answer.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, looking around. On the nightstand beside me, placed under my shamrock necklace, was a sheet of paper with my name on it. I grabbed it and read the words to myself.

Dear Red,

I hope I’m back before you wake up, but if I’m not I went to the store to get stuff for breakfast. Lou is coming over sometime to do my hair and she’s bringing Lux. Don’t scare ’em off, aye? ;)

-Nialler xx

I chuckled and climbed out of bed, slipping the necklace back around my neck before tugging the hoodie I had fallen asleep in down as far as it would go and wandering into the living room. It was a mess in there. Our popcorn bowl from last night was on the coffee table along with our glasses of soda, popcorn was strewn across the carpet, Niall’s dirty clothes were thrown around, and he had snapbacks just tossed about. I shook my head and started to clean up.

I gathered all the clothes into one pile then took them to Niall’s room and stacked them neatly in a corner so I could wash them later. Then I collected all his hats and lined them up on the shelf he had in his closet just the way he liked them (when they weren’t thrown everywhere, that is). After some searching for the vacuum cleaner, I vacuumed up all the popcorn off the floor and was just putting dishes in the dishwasher when the front door opened.

I glanced over my shoulder and smiled. “Hey, babe.”

Niall smiled back at me, carrying a grocery bag over to sit on the counter before hugging me from behind and giving me a kiss. “Good morning to you too.” He laughed. “You seem cheery this morning.”

I shrugged. Until he pointed it out, I hadn’t noticed I was in a particularly good mood this morning.

“Did you clean all this up by yourself?” He asked looking around his flat. I gave a nod. “Wow, how long have you been up?”

“About an hour.” I closed the dish washer and started it up.

“You really didn’t have to clean for me. I could have done it when I got back.”

I shrugged again. “I don’t mind. I like cleaning. Plus your note made it sound like you didn’t know when Lou would be here, so I wanted Lux to have a clean area to play in.”

He grinned, showing off his braces as he leaned down to kiss me. “What would I do without you?”

I smirked. “Your life would be extremely boring without me, of course.”

He laughed. “Of course, because it’s not like I’m busy being part of an international boy band or anything, aye?”

“Of course not.”

He took my hand and pulled me into a hug, ruffling my hair that I had just released from its messy bun.

“So, what’s for breakfast?” I asked.

“Biscuits from McDonald’s and coffee. If you don’t want that, I went and bought some cereal and milk.”

“Is there a sausage biscuit and grape jelly?”

He raised his brow at me. “I think so…?”

“Don’t give me that look. It tastes amazing. Give me the biscuit, boy.”

*****

It wasn’t too long after we finished eating that a knock came on the door.

“I’ll get it,” I told Niall so he could finish throwing his clothes in the washer. I opened up the door and waved at the hair stylist and her daughter.

“Oh! Hey, Kora. Niall didn’t say you’d be here.” She smiled and hugged my neck.

“It wasn’t exactly planned…” I chuckled once to myself. “I kind of had to stay here last night.”

Before Lou could answer, Niall came back into the living room, shouting a hello to Lou. Well, it wasn’t exactly shouting. Niall just had a loud voice.

“Want the usual, Ni?” Lou asked, handing the sleeping Lux off to me.

“I.. Uh…” I stared at the sleeping baby, unsure what to do. I had never been very good with children. I was always afraid of breaking them or dropping them.

“Yep. Red, don’t look so scared. Lux doesn’t bite.” Niall shook his head at me before yanking off his shirt and wrapping the towel Lou handed him around his shoulders.

I looked down at Lux, biting my lip. “What do I do?”

“Just sit on the couch with her, sweetie,” Lou said, smiling kindly. “She’ll be asleep for awhile.”

I carefully sat on the couch, scooting around so I could prop my legs up and lean back on the pillows. Niall chuckled at me before he started playing around on his phone while Lou began bleaching his hair. Lux lifted her head off my chest and blinked, yawning at me. Suddenly she smiled and reached her little hand out and rested it on my cheek, her eyes sparkling. I couldn’t help but beam at her, a warm feeling spreading through my body.

I heard a camera snap and glanced at Niall who was smirking as he lowered his phone. I rolled my eyes at him, causing Lux to giggle. She wiggled her way into the floor and crawled off to play with a toy Lou sat in the floor for her.

“What happened to her being asleep for awhile?” I teased Lou.

“Guess she just needed a power nap.”

*****

I waved to Lou as she carried Lux out of flat, looking back at the screen of Niall’s Mac laptop when they were out of sight. I typed in a few letter and smiled, nodding my head.

“What are you doing?” Nialler wondered, coming to sit beside me.

“I just changed my Twitter username,” I informed him, turning the computer so he could see. Instead of Fire_Dancer, my name now read Little_Red.

He laughed. “I like it.”

“Good.” I logged out of Twitter and was just setting the Mac on the coffee table when a knock came from the door. I looked up at my Irish boy. “Where you expecting someone else?”

He shook his head. “It’s probably one of the lads.” I watched as he got up and went to the door. He blocked my view so I couldn’t see who was there, but I could tell by his voice that it wasn’t one of the boys. “You need to leave,” he told the visitor.

I furrowed my brows before getting up and walking up behind Niall. “Nialler, who is it?”

He stepped aside letting me see. I raised my brows at the guest, shocked he knew where Niall lived.

“Kora, I need to talk to you.”