Chapter 15

I'm sorry this chapter is so short! I ran out of ideas for it :/

Anyway, this chapter is dedicated to Bailey (@xBaiKiss or Bai) because she won the Best Title, Best Description, and Best Overall Fanifction categories of my One Direction's Undiscovere Gems Watty Awards. So all of you guys should go check out her fanfic called Better Than Pain. I've read it and it is pretty awesome.

Enjoys, loves! xxx Shel

Chapter 15

The crowd started to panic. You could hear parents trying to calm their younger children and teenage girls scramble for their phones.

“Kor?” Niall’s hand landed on my shoulder.

I patted his hand. “I’m still right here.”

The back up generators kicked on, but only illuminated the audience a small bit and barely had any effect on the stage. We were still sitting in pretty much total darkness.

Paul came out with a microphone, telling the audience we had sound and to please remain calm and stay in their seats while we sorted out what to do. A light bulb went off in my head.

I jumped up and ran over to Paul. “You have flashlights, right?”

“Yeah, they’re right over there.” He gave me a quizzical look as I ran off to the cart he pointed. “Kora, what are you planning?”

I grabbed a flashlight and ran back to where Niall was standing. I flicked the light on and grabbed his hand, using him as a base so I could lay on my back and do a spin with the flashlight held in my free hand. A few girls in the audience cheered.

“Get it?” I yelled to Paul, standing up and shining the light at him.

“Lazar light show with flashlights while the boys sing?” He guessed.

“Bingo!” I did a pirouette, making sure the light flashed on each of the boys.

“Cool!” Niall laughed.

The rest of the girls ran to get flashlights while the boys got in place to start singing Up All Night. I had another idea and ran back offstage and grabbed the box that held tons of glow sticks and glow bracelets. I broke a glow stick and bracelet for each boy and made them put them on (I even linked a couple bracelets together and wrapped them around Niall’s snapback) then I gave all the girls about five bracelets for each hand and a regular glow stick.

There were still a bunch of bracelets left so I gave each of the band members one (Josh got three ‘cause he’s special like that) and then tossed a bunch of sticks into the audience while the boys started to sing. I ended up going into the audience and personally handing the front row bracelets and glow sticks before Paul got onto me and made me get back on the stage.

It was pretty fun dancing around with a couple of flashlights, but it only lasted two songs. Once the boys started singing Torn, the crew got the stage lights working and we were told to stop throwing the flashlights at each other. I did a final cartwheel off the stage and left it up to the boys to entertain their fans.

“Why’d the power even go out in the first place?” I heard Danielle ask Paul. I strolled over to them and joined in on their conversation.

“It’s storming outside apparently. We were one of the few places to completely lose power. It’s getting pretty bad; I think we’re going to have to cut off the concert just to make sure people get home safe.” Paul shook his head.

“If you’re going to do that you should give the fans some sort of refund.” I stated. “It’s not fair that they spent all that money and their concert has to be ended because of weather.”

“You’re right,” Paul agreed. “I’ll give them all Madison Square Garden tickets.”

My jaw dropped. “I meant like merch or something, but I like your idea a lot better!”

It was utter chaos and screaming after Paul announced his news. I don’t even think any of the girls actually cared that the concert had to be cut short, all they could focus on was the fact that they were getting free MSG tickets. I would be screaming over that fact, too.

Niall rushed off the stage and grabbed me in a bear hug, spinning me in a circle.

I laughed. “What is this for?”

“All the fans think this is the best concert ever thanks to you.” He smiled down at me, leaning in to give me a small kiss.

I giggled. “All I did was tell Paul it wasn’t fair that they spent all this money then have to leave early. Now come on, let’s hurry up and change so we can get back on the bus before the power dies again.”

He took my hand and lead me to the dressing room, laughing about how I actually braved the fans to give out glow sticks as we walked. He opened the door for me, but as soon as we were inside we wished we hadn’t come alone.

Richard stood across from us, his hair dripping from the rain.

Niall grabbed me and pushed me behind him, shielding me from my stepbrother. “What are you doing here?”

“Don’t worry.” Rich held his hands up in surrender. “I’m just here to warn Kora that her mom is coming to your hotel in the morning to try and bring her back.”

*****

I sat on mine and Niall’s bed, chewing on my nails as I stared at the wall. The other boys stood around while Niall sat next to me, trying to gain my attention.

“What do we do?” Liam finally asked, breaking the never ending silence.

“I don’t know.” I sighed. “I’m a minor so I technically can’t leave the country without parental consent and there’s no way my mom’s letting that happen again…”

“She’ll follow you again, right?” Dani asked, leaning against the wall by Liam.

I nodded, biting off another nail. It was gross, but it was a nervous habit of mine.

“I’m not losing you again,” Niall stated, tears in his eyes when he looked at me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, burying my face in his chest. “I’m not going anywhere.”

“What about your dad?” Louis questioned.

I shrugged. “He left when I was one. I never knew him.”

Right then Paul came barging into the room, pulling his phone away from his ear as he did. “Kora, I have great news! You won’t have to worry about your mom. I just found our solution to this problem.”