Dancing Alone (DI1D Sequel)

Here it is! Finally the sequel to Dancing In One Direction! Enjoy and leave me a comment and/or vote! I want to know your thoughts!

PEACESKIES!

xx Shel

Chapter 1

Four months, two weeks, and two days. That’s how long it had been since I left London.

One month, two weeks, and five days of that I had kept in constant contact with Niall, Danielle, and the rest of the boys. Then my mom found out and took away any means of communication I had; i.e., cell phone, iPod, laptop, and my ability to use the landline.

That meant it had been about three months since I had spoken to any of them and I hated every minute of it. I tried using the payphone that was right outside of the Joffrey Ballet School to call Niall, but Richard, Robert’s son and my new stepbrother, caught me and told my mom. Now I was picked up as soon as class got out to keep me from contacting anyone. It was like I was in prison.

It got even worse when Clara came into the picture. She was my new thirteen-year-old stepsister who was everything my mother ever wanted me to be. She had been studying ballet at the Royal Academy of Dance until last week and now she was in all of my classes at Joffrey. She was the perfect prima ballerina. She had the dancer’s body, perfect feet, and was the perfect height for all the guys. I didn’t even understand why my mom needed me when she had Clara, then I realized she wanted her own flesh and blood to be that good.

Guess it was too bad I was doing horrid in all my classes. I was doing all the moves and choreography perfectly, but that was just it. I wasn’t showing any kind of emotion in my dancing and was just performing the steps as they were given to me. It worried my teachers, but I refused to talk to them so they had no idea why I went from the great dancer they had seen last year to this dancer who obviously didn’t care.

If only they knew how my mom really was, then maybe they’d understand how I felt.

*****

“Move out of the way, slowpoke.” Clara huffed, shoving me into the wall as she passed me on the stairs of our townhouse.

I regained my footing, grumbling, “Good morning to you, too, Clara.”

I continued down the stairs and into the kitchen, ignoring everyone as I poured a bowl of cereal and grabbed the milk out of the refrigerator.

“Kora, it’s Wednesday. We always eat together on Wednesday.” My mom said from her spot at the table.

I pulled my old MP3 player out of the pocket of my pajama pants and turned up the volume, drowning out their voices. Just as I was about to leave the room mom grabbed my arm and yanked my earbuds out.

“Ouch,” I said, glaring at her.

“You’re fine. I bought you a thing of dark brown hair dye so you can get rid of that awful red hair.”

I raised my brows at her then put my earbuds back in and walked out of the room. There was no way I was getting rid of my cherry colored hair, it was the only thing I had left of Niall. He loved my bright colored hair and I wasn’t about to give it up.

I finished my breakfast by the time I got to my room, so I quickly changed into my dance attire then flopped back onto my bed. I still had a good twenty minutes before we were supposed to leave for Joffrey. What I really wanted to do was go for a run, but that was pretty much impossible with the way my family kept tabs on me. My window had been nailed shut after I snuck out the first week I was back in New York, so it was like I could climb out the window and shimmy down the tree there.

I remembered when I used to do that to get away from my mom before I left for London. When things got rough, I would just sneak out at night and just run. Sometimes I would end up in Central Park, but it was kind of scary there at night so a lot of the times I would go to this small playground two blocks from my house.

Unfortunately, that was no longer an option.

I let out a long sigh and sat up, racking my brain for anyway to get out of this house without anyone knowing. Then it hit me. Clara’s bedroom was on the first floor and her window was most definitely not nailed shut. I grabbed my running shoes and slipped out into the hallway.

I was able to sneak down the stairs and past the kitchen without any problems. Clara was still eating, leaving me to slip into her bedroom and out her window still without getting caught. It was scary how easy this was.

Once I was safely on the outside of the house, I tugged on my sneakers and checked over my shoulder again before taking off down the street. It struck me as I was running that I could just keep going and not look back so that was my goal. The world disappeared, leaving me feeling like nothing could stop me.

That was until I ran straight into Richard.

I stumbled backwards, stunned by his presence.

“Where do you think you’re going?” He asked me, crossing his arms over his chest.

I shrugged my shoulders. “Just for a run. Gotta stay in shape if I want to keep up with Clara.”

He cocked his brow at me. “Nice try. Did you honestly think you could sneak out that easy? We all saw you go past the kitchen.”

I huffed, but didn’t give anymore of a response.

Richard grabbed my arm and towed me back toward the house. “It’s time to leave, anyway.”

I sighed, giving up. There was no point in trying to get out of here. They saw everything freaking thing I did.

This day was already off to a lousy start.