Chapter 5

Here's chapter 5! Enjoy!

PEACESKIES! xx Shel

Chapter 5

I glanced at the clock. Just one more hour of dance left. After that, it was only three hours until the concert. Can you believe that? Just four hours until I was reunited with my Nialler. Well, until I would hopefully be reunited with him. I had to sneak out and be at the concert without Clara noticing me. It was going to be tough, but I wasn’t going to give up as easy as they thought.

Ella caught my eye, tapping her wrist like she had on a watch. I held up three fingers, signaling it was three o’clock. She grinned then did a strange little flapping arm dance that meant she was excited. Clara glared at us, most likely killing us in her mind since we were distracting her during her precious solo.

Clara let go of her partner, turning to me and stamping her foot. “You are such a distraction! Why are you even in here?”

“I’m your understudy, dummy.” I rolled my eyes.

Ms. Lister turned off the music and shook her head at us. “Girls, there is no arguing in my class. Clara, you will sit out your dance this time. Kora, take Clara’s place.”

I nodded, fighting the urge to stick my tongue out at my brat of a sister as we passed each other to switch places. I smiled to Chase as I took my spot in front of him, allowing him to rest his hands on my hips. The music started back up.

Soon the song was ending at Chase and I were doing one last turn. I ended in a curtsey, panting from lack of oxygen. I had a tendency not to breath correctly when I danced, leaving me at a loss for air by the time I finished a dance. The room exploded in applause, even Ms. Lister was clapping.

“That was excellent.” She complemented, smiling at Chase and I.

I smiled back. “Thank you!”

“She’s easier to dance with than Clara, honestly…” Chase chuckled, hugging my neck.

In the mirror I saw Clara’s jaw drop and her foot stomp again. I snickered at the look on her face along with Ella.

Ms. Lister smiled at me, a contemplating look in her eye as she said, “Hmm, I’ll have to keep that in mind.”

*****

“Hurry up!” Ella yelled when we ran into the changing rooms. “We have two and a half hours!”

“I’m hurrying! Pick me up in an hour and a half around the block from my house, okay? I’ll see you then!” I hugged her, then threw my dance bag over my shoulder and practically ran out of the room.

I bounced around the backseat the entire way back home, earning curious stares from Richard in the rearview mirror. Clara couldn’t care less about what I did, but she did seem annoyed by my inability to remain still. As soon as we pulled into the driveway of our townhouse, I jumped out of the car and ran straight inside and to my shower. I showered faster than I ever had in my life which, of course, meant I cut my leg when I was shaving.

“Crud,” I mumbled, wiping the blood away to examine how bad it was. It was just a small nick, I would live.

I turned the water off, quickly drying off and wrapping a towel around myself. I dug out my blow dryer and round brush then poked my head out the bathroom door to make sure the coast was clear before I ran across the hall to my bedroom. I had just closed the door when someone knocked on it.

I opened it, peeking out to see my mom. “Yes, ma’am?”

“Clara and I are leaving for that concert. You behave yourself. Richard is in charge since Rob is out of town.” She wagged her finger at me as she said this.

I nodded. “Yes, ma’am.”

She gave a satisfied nod then walked away. I waited ten minutes to make sure she was out of the house before I locked my door and started drying my hair. Its cherry red color was intensified and even bright than it had been because I dyed it two days ago. I must say, it looked pretty awesome.

After drying my hair, I plugged in my curling iron and my flat iron then went about doing my makeup. I did a soft purple color on my eyelids, just dark enough to make my green eyes pop, then lined my waterline with black liner and did a small wing on the top. I applied a quick coat of mascara then did a light pink blush and a clear lip gloss. I nodded my head in approval at my reflection in the mirror before going on with my hair. I curled it loosely with the iron then straightened my straight across bangs. After that, I flipped my head upside down, hairspraying the heck out of my curls to make sure they stayed. I flipped my hair back upright, smoothed them out and fixed my bangs.

Once I was satisfied with my hair, I slipped into my outfit. I wore the t-shirt Niall sent me of course, but with it I paired my favorite high-waisted three tiered skirt that looked like it was made out of denim but was a lot softer. I tucked my shirt into the skirt and put a brown belt around my waist to give it a nicer look. I slipped my booty short on under the skirt like always then pulled on my black combat boots and made sure they were tied tightly.

With a glance at the clock, I saw I had just five minutes to spare before Ella would definitely be waiting for me. I stuffed the outfit Harry and Zayn had bought me into my pure, stuck the tickets and passes into my wallet, and made sure I was wearing Niall’s necklace before I headed out my door. I tiptoed down the stairs, peeking around every corner before going into the next room. I made it into Clara’s room without ever once seeing Richard, making a ball of worry form in my stomach.

Right as I pushed open the window, the light flicked on.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Richard asked, standing in the doorway with his arms crossed across his chest.

Might as well come clean, I thought.

“Niall sent me tickets and backstage passes to the concert tonight and if I don’t go I won’t ever see him again.”

Richard pursed his lips, seeming to actually consider my words. I always thought he had a soft spot for me, but I never thought he would even consider disobeying his parents.

“Please, Rich,” I begged. “This is my only chance to ever leave here again.”

He nodded. “Go. I never agreed with bringing you here anyway.”

I ran over to him, giving him a quick hug. “Thank you!”

I climbed out the window, taking off running as soon as my feet hit the ground. I found Ella’s car easily, climbing in and giving her a smirk.

“Ready?” She asked me, putting the car in gear.

“You have no idea how ready I am. Let’s do this!”