You Haven't Shown Your Face Here Since The Bad News

Start from the beginning

"And your mother's name is right here." Austin said, running his fingers along the petals. Sienna's eyes fell on her father's arm and they welled with tears. It made her swell inside because she felt like Austin finally came to terms with being her father. She traced the letters of 'L-U-C-Y' and she felt like crying. 

"Thanks." Sienna mumbled, standing up and walking from her father, who was looking curiously at her. "I'm gonna - I need to go to the bathroom." 

"Okay." Austin said softly. Sienna avoided the questioning looks she was receiving and she made her way to the restrooms. It was suddenly hitting her with how intense everything was. Noah was having surgery from being shot. Her father loved her. Her father loved her mother. She loved Noah. She and Noah made love. She loved her father. What was she going to do? 

She broke down, curling up in the hall while her arms were wrapped around herself. She cried, her teeth biting into her lower lip, drawing a bit of blood. Her shuddering body forced her to thrash her head back into the wall repeatedly. She could barely feel the pain, though. Her head kept hitting the wall until someone's hand slid in-between the space. 

She kept convulsing and the person's fingers curled in her hair, keeping her from hitting the person's fingers. 

She didn't even realize that they were speaking to her until she inhaled deeply. 

"Sienna," breathed a voice, "stop it. You're going to give yourself brain damage." She looked up and her eyes fell on Phil. He was crouched at her side, rubbing her arm thoughtfully with his hand protecting her head. He slowly dropped her hair and his hand slid down to her neck. "What's wrong?" 

"What isn't wrong?" Sienna asked, her teeth gritting. "Right when I think things are going to be okay, they fall apart right in front of me. It's killing me to even get my hopes up, just a little bit. Every time I do, they get shot down. Everyone gets hurt in my life. Noah - he's - I just - I love him so much, and he means the world to me. And first Avery happened, then I had sex with Noah because I wanted to let him know how much I loved him, but then I-" 

"You had sex with Noah?" asked Austin's voice. Sienna stiffened, her eyes drifting up to her father's. He loomed over them, his eyebrows furrowed with confusion. Phil's grip tightened around her shoulders, but she narrowed her eyes at her dad. 

"Yes, I had sex with Noah. Do you have a problem with that?" She growled. Phil held his breath, but Austin looked angry. 

"Do I have a problem with that? Do I-" he broke off scoffing. "Sienna, I-" 

She shrank into Phil's side. Whatever kind of courage she had, diminished to absolutely nothing. Phil's hand pulled her closer as his other arm went across her body, shielding her from Austin's rage. She could tell that Phil was glaring at him. 

"Sienna, I do have a problem with that, but I can't help it. I'm your father. I'm supposed to be upset with that. But, I can understand why you would want to have sex with him, and I'm glad you did it with him and not some random guy…?" 

He was trying his best. Sienna shakily looked up at him and bit her lip. 

"I'm sorry." she told him. Austin sighed. 

"I'm sorry too." He sat down on the other side of her and his hand hesitantly rested on her leg. "I-I love you, Sienna." 

Sienna closed her eyes, leaning into her father's shoulder while gripping Phil's arm tiredly. "I love you too, dad." 

-------

Austin

-------