Rumor Has It...

Sienna

She grunted loudly as Austin walked into the lounge where she and Jaime were playing a board game. 

“Haha! You lost a turn!” Jaime gigged with glee. She rolled her eyes and grinned, his energy making it hard for her to be mad at him. 

“We’re going in for sound check. Do you want to come?” Austin asked, hopefully. Sienna shrugged and looked up from their board game. 

“Will I be alone?” 

“You don’t have to be if you don’t want to.” Austin replied. “You can sit on one of the amps on stage so you can be closer to us.” 

“No one will be watching, right?” Sienna asked, because quite honestly, she was pretty much clueless when it came to sound checks. Austin laughed, shaking his head. 

“Right. Except for our techs. It will be fun. Jaime can come if he wants to.” 

“Do I ever!” He gasped in fake surprise. He turned to Sienna and pursed his lips. “OMG, the Austin Carlile just asked me if I wanted to go to sound check with him! Can you believe it?” 

Sienna and Austin chuckled with each other. “Yeah, let me go get my phone and my sweater.” Sienna said, standing. 

“You might want to bring some water too.” Austin said absentmindedly. “Sound checks can be long.” 

“Alright.” she went into her bunk and pulled out her phone, then she shrugged on a sweater. When she came back to the lounge, Austin was holding a pink metal water bottle that had all the band’s logos on it. Sleeping With Sirens, Pierce The Veil, and Of Mice & Men. She smiled and took it from him. “Thanks.” 

“No problem. got it from our merch table. Didn’t even know we carried these.” Austin had already filled it with ice cold water and Sienna smiled, grateful that he did so. Jaime and Austin flanked her as they walked out of the bus. The fresh air was short lived as she smelled the thick stench of smoke. She glanced up and saw Mike with a cigarette, smoking with his eyes closed. Austin grabbed her water bottle and opened the top and splashed water in Mike’s face. 

Mike opened his eyes in surprise and Austin handed Sienna the water bottle and looked away, whistling a nonchalant tune. Mike looked from Austin to Sienna and finally to Jaime. Jaime’s eyes were wide with innocence. 

“Mike, I didn’t-” He started, but Austin laughed. 

“DENIAL!” 

Mike lunged for Jaime, and tackled him to the ground, laughing the whole way. Sienna watched in amusement as the men rolled around on the ground, shouting swears at each other. 

“Woah, what the hell is going on?” asked a voice. The quarrel stopped and soon the two men sat on their asses looking at the man who spoke. 

“Nothing, Case. Just playing with Mike.” 

“Nothing, Case.” Mike imitated. “Just playing with Hime.” 

Case, or Casey she assumed, shook his head in disbelief. “Whatever. I don’t even care any more.” He walked away, cigarette in between his fingers and the four burst out laughing. Mike wiped the cold water from his face and winked at Sienna. 

“I knew it was Austin all along.” he told her. Sienna felt her stomach twist a little, but she smiled through it. 

“Alright. We really have to go.” Austin said, pulling Sienna with him. She learned how to keep up with his long strides. Within minutes, they arrived at the arena and Austin and Jaime flashed their passes to the guard. The guard gave Sienna a weary look, but Austin assured him that she was with him. When they walked through the door, Austin told her to duck.