Part Two: Shayley Bourget

Chapter Song: Demons - Imagine Dragons

Short Chapter....Sorry! 

-------

Sienna

-------

"Guys, stop it…you're looking at me like I'm a wounded puppy, or something." Sienna sighed, rolling her eyes. Alan pouted and made an exasperated motion with his hands. Phil, Noux, Alan, Maddie, Aaron, Amanda, Tino, Jen, Austin, and Alex were all standing around her bed with worried expressions. Seven days had passed since Sienna had called Austin 'Daddy' and their relationship was as strong as ever. Shay was carefully seated in the corner of the room, on his phone, and Sienna was a little guilty about him being unspoken-ly excluded.

"Fine, fine, you're right, Si." Alan smirked, leaning over with a sharpie in his hand and he scribbled something on her arm before she could protest. Sienna looked down at the chicken scratch writing and laughed. 

"Penis. Really, Alan? Penis?" 

"Hey, I'm proud of it!" Alan scoffed, tossing his head back to let his hair shake out against his back. 

"You shouldn't be." murmured Austin and Maddie at once. They grinned at each other and slapped each other high fives and Alan pouted. 

"Hey! That wasn't very nice." Alan whined. 

"Hello?" asked the doctor's voice as he walked into the room. "Would you guys mind giving me a moment with Sienna and her father, please?" 

The group stood up and waved to Sienna as Austin sat in a chair next to her bed. Shay was about to stand up to leave, but the doctor cleared his throat. "Uh, Mr. Bourget, uh, I asked you to stay…?" 

Shayley blushed and walked back to Sienna's bed. "Well, I just assumed when you said her 'father', that you meant Austin." Shay gestured to Austin. The doctor looked confused. 

"Aren't you her father?" the doctor asked, his eyebrows drawing together with slight confusion. Sienna paled and Austin looked sick to his stomach. Shayley scoffed. 

"Fuck no!" Shay snapped, clearly worried about Austin's reaction. "Austin is her father. See, Austin Carlile? That guy over there holding her shoulder?" 

Sienna didn't even realize Austin was holding her shoulder, but she looked up at Austin with concern. 

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry." The doctor mumbled. Sienna squinted at his name tag. His name was Dr. Goodwin. "I-I just thought that-"

"Well, no." Shay mumbled, looking at the ground uncomfortably. "I'm not her dad." 

"Can I ask why you're on her emergency contact list?" Dr. Goodwin asked carefully. "And Austin is not?" 

"Uh-" Shay started, but he cut himself off.

"He was friends with my mom." Sienna said, her eyes fluttering a little. "Now what was so important that you needed to talk to them about?" 

The doctor shook his head with embarrassment and continued talking. 

"Well, Sienna is recovering nicely, so that means that her three week recovery has been turned into two weeks, meaning Sienna has only one week left of recovery. Then I advise that she heads home immediately." 

"Damn," Sienna muttered sadly, shaking her head. 

"What's wrong?" Austin asked, peering down at her with concern. Sienna looked up at her father and gave him a half smile.