Cruel & Perfect

-------
Austin
-------

He felt ridiculous that he was sitting on the floor, knocking continuously on the bathroom door. He had a feeling of deja vu, thinking of when he was banging on the door to get Sienna to open up when she was mad at him.

"Alex?" he called into the plastic door.

"...not right now, Austin." she said, somehow always polite. Austin coughed into his hand and rubbed his neck.

"Alex, baby, I know it looks bad, but I promise you-I was trying to tell you, but I was cut off by-"

"Austin, I don't really care, to be honest. I just need some time alone." Alexis' voice came through the door and she sounded a bit shaky and defeated.

"But I don't wanna leave you alone." Austin murmured against the door. He heard Alex's sharp intake of breath. "I really, really don't."

"Austin..." Alexis sighed wearily. Austin rested his head against the door. "Please...you know most girls say: 'Go away', and are really just testing you to see if you'd leave them or stay...but I'm not like most girls. When I ask to be alone, I really need to be alone. I need to think. Understand?"

"Yeah? I'm not like most guys either." Austin argued. "When girls test, I get up and leave, because I'm not a game. I don't care how long it'll take, I'll sit out for as long as you need."
"Aus-"

"Nope." Austin grunted, crossing his arms over his chest. Oliver walked past the bathroom and double tracked, stepping backwards to stand in front of Austin. When he assessed the situation, pointing from him to the bathroom door, then back to him, he nodded his head in the direction of the kitchenette, getting Austin to his feet.

"Let Sienna talk to her. She's a girl. She gets it." Oliver suggested while Austin refused to walk away from the door.

"I just told Alex that I'd-" Austin started, but Oliver cut him off.
"Alexis, love, who would you rather talk to? Sienna? Or Austin?"
Without hesitation, Alex replied with his daughter's name. Austin grumbled in the back of his throat.
"Fine, fine. I get it." Austin slouched off to the kitchenette and saw Sienna sitting on the counter, throwing Goldfish in the air for Josh to catch. "Si? You think you could chat with Alex?"

Sienna scowled, but nonetheless hopped off the counter and made her way to the bathroom. He listened as Sienna knocked on the door and Alex let her in and they talked, their conversation being cut off by one of the girls kicking the door shut.

"What happened?" asked Lee curiously. Austin rolled his eyes and began to tell them about how Alex and him got into this fight in the first place.

"Then she just grabbed me and kissed me. Apparently, people got picture of it, then it got all over twitter...instagram...I just...I was going to tell Alexis, but then...I got distracted, then she saw it before I did...and now...now..." Austin just sighed and gestured to the door. "It's complete bullshit, dude."

Josh frowned. "Did you tell Alex what happened?"

"Of course I did. She just doesn't believe me."

"Did she tell you that she didn't believe you?" Tino asked. Austin paused.

"No, she didn't say it...but I know-"

"Well, you don't really know, mate." Oliver shook his head. "Hannah and I have been over this loads of times. There are some crazy girls out there. Ones who've broken up so many relationships. One time before Hannah and I got married, this girl photoshopped a shit ton of pictures of me an' her kissing. And I've never even met the girl. But Hannah was convinced I was seeing someone else as well and she got so angry. I'm not gonna lie. The pictures that the fan made were pretty believable."