Breathing and Grasping

-------

Sienna

-------

You’re quite pathetic, actually. ‘She’s my little girl, my daughter, and I wouldn’t change it for the world’. Bullshit. You ruined his life. 

What a lovely thing to wake up to. 

Sienna unlocked her phone and typed a quick reply to the offender. 

How’d you get my number? 

Uncle Kellin.

Sienna closed her eyes and felt like crying again. God damn it. Sam. She opened her eyes and put her phone down ignoring the new messages that were coming in with more insults. She hated that Kellin had given her number to Sam. She looked away from the wall and turned over slightly. Austin was sleeping soundly, his mouth open and his eyes squinted shut. Sienna took a deep breath and gently crawled over him to escape the bunk. She left her phone in the bunk. 

She carefully closed the curtain behind her and walked into the front lounge. They were now at a different venue. She saw that the bus driver was now awake and he was about to bunker down. “Where are we?” she asked softly. The bus driver yawned. 

“We were in Indiana last night, so we’re about an hour and a half away from the border of Ohio. We’re staying here for two days.” 

“Thanks.” She said softly. He nodded. Sienna left a small note on the counter that consisted of her going for a walk to stretch her legs, and maybe get some food. Then she realized that she would need some money if she was going to get food, so she crossed that part out and said that she’d be back soon. 

She walked out of the bus and into the light of the sun. It was about 10:30 and she still felt tired as hell. She stretched and yawned as her back cracked slightly. 

“Hey, Si.” said a soft voice. She jumped a mile and glanced over at Kellin who was standing around with a redheaded man. She looked wearily around, but Kellin smiled. “Sam’s not here, don’t worry.” 

She nodded and walked to the two men, rubbing her arms. 

“This is Matty. He’s a good friend of mine.” Kellin introduced her to the redhead. Matty smiled nicely and shook her hand. 

“Hi! Nice to meet you.” he greeted. Once again, Sienna felt herself trying to mask her surprise at how high his voice was. “You’re Austin’s kid, aren’t you?” 

“I guess.” Sienna mumbled, trying not to sound too offended. Matty smiled wider. 

“I saw his post on twitter. It was very well written. He really cares about you.” 

Sienna nodded and blushed a little bit. Kellin blew out a long breath and looked at Sienna sadly. “Sam told me what he did to you when you were younger. I can’t believe he was that much of a dick to you.” 

“Me neither.” Matty supplied. Sienna only shrugged. 

“I guess-” 

“Sienna!” Shouted a familiar voice. She glanced over and saw Alan running awkwardly to her. She had her eyebrows raised as he flapped his way to her, his hand falling on her shoulder protectively. “Hey! Foundja!” 

“Hey Alan!” Matty waved at Alan. Alan waved back. 

“Hey, ginger!” 

Kellin picked at his nails and blinked his large eyes. “I’ll give Sam a talk tonight.” Kellin promised. “He’s still being a little bitch about being on tour with us. Maybe he’ll come around.”