Horcruxes

After getting the memory from Slughorn, you and Harry rushed over to Dumbledore's office to tell him the good news.

Dumbledore is delighted with your success and empties Slughorn's memory into the Pensieve.

This time, there is no fog or loud voices. When Voldemort asks about Horcruxes, Slughorn explains it to him instead of claiming that he's not knowable of the name. He answered it honestly and immediately, you thought that He was very impulsive. He wasn't even thinking before he answered.

"A horcrux is an object a person has concealed part of their soul" explained Slughorn firmly. "But i don't understand how it works, sir" said Tom "One  split one's soul and hide a part of it in an object" explained Slughorn without even thinking of what he was doing.

"By doing so, you're protected, should you be attacked, your body is destroyed" "Protected?" asked Tom "that part that is hidden is protected and lives on" he said "in other words, you cannot die".

"How do one stretch his soul, sir?" Asked Tom, looking down at his ring. You recognized that ring.. it was the one Morfin had. "I think you know the answer to that, Tom" said Slughorn gently. "Murder" said Tom "Yes, killing rips the soul apart" said Slughorn "It's a violation against the nature" "Can you really split the soul once, can you for instance, split into seven?" "Seven?" asked Slughorn "Merlin's beard, Tom. Isn't it bad enough to consider killing one person? To rip the soul into seven pieces... this is all hypothetical, isn't it, Tom? All academic?".

The young Voldemort turned around and smiled at him "Of course, sir" he said with a suspicious smirk. "It'll be our little secret" he said but Slughorn didn't understand what he meant, of course he didn't. How could he have known that he had just told the darkest wizard of all time how to become immortal?

You went back to his office as usual. "Wait a minute, does this mean what i think it is?" i asked out in the open, glaring at Harry. "He's immortal" said Harry we both looked at the direction Dumbledore were recently standing, but he had walked over to the couple of his chairs and sat down.

"Well, not really, immortal. Horcruxes is able to the destroyed" he said "so what you're saying is that he did succeed with it?" asked Harry "Oh yes, he succeeded, all right" said Dumbledore "and not just once". "What are they exactly?" you asked him "Could be anything, most commonplace of objects" and you groaned. This feels like an impossible task.

Dumbledore stood up and walked over to his desk. He pulled out the recognizable leather book out of his drawer; Tom Riddle's diary and the ring along with it. "Tom Riddle's diary" you and Harry said at once. "It's a horcrux yes" said Dumbledore "Four years ago, when you two saved Ginny Weasley's life, in the chamber of secrets, you brought me this. I knew this was a different kind of magic. Very dark, very powerful. But until tonight I had no idea just how powerful. "The ring was a horcrux?" you asked "It belonged to his family for generations. He gave it to his love that he later lost, Nancy" said Dumbledore "it was very difficult to find, even more difficult to destroy.

"But if you could find them all" you said and then Harry cut you off "If you did destroy each Horcrux.." "Once destroys Voldemort" Dumbledore finished. "How would you find them? They could be hidden anywhere" you asked "That's true, y/n" said Dumbledore "but magic, especially dark magic..." then you moved carefully your finger to the ring, trying to grab it, but then.... everything went black.

_______

A room appeared in front of you, there was a bed with a couple on it. Clothes were all over the place. The couple, well, it was kissing, touching and they were naked in a very messy bed, well you could pretty much assume what you were doing, right?