Ch. 1: Yes, sir

Author's note:

This story is for adults only. Expect sexual content and graphic descriptions.
RATED R!

******************************

I grew up in a little village outside Madrid, Spain. Both my parents were American, but had moved here to live out their dream. And a couple of years before my brother was born, and later also me, they bought a hotel and started a business that pretty soon became attractive to more than just Spanish guests. And now we had guests from all over the world staying for various amounts of time, some even weeks in a row. Some of them were regulars that came back on later occasions, and some were only staying for a couple of nights, then disappeared into the big world never to be seen again.

Throughout my childhood, I'd always spent most of my spare time helping mom and dad with the work at the hotel. But now I was done with school, and had even graduated with a major in business traveling and hotel management. And it was pretty clear that I would be the one to take over when my parents decided to retire. My brother wasn't interested anyway. Life was good, and I had everything staked out for the future. Or so I thought. Until a dark haired stranger with a mysterious, laconic manner and gorgeous brown eyes checked in on one of the hotel's finest suites. His name was Fernand Diaz, and he looked to be in his late thirties. But it was difficult to tell, because he was wearing sunglasses most of the time. Even indoors. But I met his gaze once when he signed to get the key to his room, before they got covered behind his dark shades again.

"Let me follow you to your room, sir, and I'll have your luggage transported there right away."

The man thanked me politely, but didn't say anything more. Still, I could feel his eyes on me when he thought I didn't notice. Not that that was very unusual. Many male guests did that, and I always blamed it on my uniform. Mom was a very traditional woman, and insisted that women should wear skirts and not pants, like men did. And no matter how much I argued, she never caved.

"Here you are, sir," I said after unlocking his suite, then stepped back to let him enter. I quickly showed him the bathroom, the bedroom, the balcony and the minibar, that was everything else but mini. And in addition to what was already there, there was a long list of other things we could bring if needed.

"And here's your key," I finished with a polite smile. Then I got slightly nervous because of the way he was looking at me. He seemed amused somehow, but without laughing or smirking. It was more a fascinated kind of amusement, rather than a creepy one. But he didn't say anything until I turned to leave.

"What was your name again, miss?"

I pointed at the name tag on my chest, and mr. Diaz squinted a little to see.

"Lilliana Martinez, sir."

"Beautiful name, ms. Martinez."

For some reason that made me blush, even though lots of people had complimented my name before, including men. But there was something different about mr. Diaz. And I had a feeling that I'd seen him before. I just didn't know where. But since he was here all by himself, without a full entourage of bodyguards and security staff, I didn't think he was especially famous. Still, after thanking him, I went into my dad's office to borrow his computer. Then I wrote the stranger's name in the search engine and skimmed through the results. But there was nothing there that could bring me any closer to this mysterious man. Hopefully I would get another opportunity to ask later. But only if it felt natural, because I knew well enough to not pry in someone else's private life. Especially the hotel's guests.

"Ana!" my mom called and waved me over. "The gentleman in room 401 is asking for you."

"Mr. Diaz? What does he need?"