Chapter 86 Texas Pt. 2

I stood back a little with my arms still on his shoulders. "It has been a while, but jeez you have have been working out." I squeezed Shawn's arms feeling the muscle he has gained since our last hug. 

"I have missed you so much," he laughed picking me up off of the ground. 

I gave him a soft kiss on his lips before he sat me back down letting my feet hit the ground. He grabbed my hand before leading Anna and me around the stadium to have us meet up with his crew. I haven't seen half of Shawn's team in a long time. 

I looked over at the smiling man next to me wearing shorts as he held onto my hand leading me around. It felt nice to be able to intertwine my fingers into his large hand. 

"Andrew!" Shawn said waving down the man wearing glasses. Andrew was watching over everything being assembled before Shawn had bugged him. I had soundcheck in just a little with Taylor where we are getting ready for the show. 

It was freaking Halloween and this is such an exciting day. "Hi Andrew," I smiled giving him a hug. A little bit away Geoff and Tom were messing around with some of the sound systems with smiles of their faces. They looked up causing me to lift my arm up and give them a big wave. 

"Okay it is Halloween and I got you a surprise in the dressing room," I smiled to Shawn. "Anna actually helped me with it. We were up all night making his chocolate cake and some spooky cookies for the crew. 

I got only a couple of hours of sleep last night and then those hours were me waking up a whole bunch of times. Maybe tonight when Shawn and I board the airplane I can finally sleep for just a little. It is going to be another long 24 hours, but hopefully in the end sleep is what I can get. 

We headed back towards the sweet spot before we ran into Taylor wearing a blow t-rex costume. Her face could be seen through the clear window with a big smile on her face. 

"Maddie!" She yelled before skipping towards me making me laugh as she looked like she was waddling. I kept my arms open wide as I was engulfed with plastic air. 

"Hey Tay," I smiled trying to look at her face. 

"I have to keep moving, but I will see you in a little." I nodded my head and kept moving with Shawn and Anna. 

*

I licked my finger to remove the chocolate frosting off of it. Willow kept doing my hair as I sat in the chair given to me. I was so excited about tonight. Taylor and I are going to perform together and Shawn and I get to go home. Shawn enjoyed his cake a lot; I knew he would be a sucker for it. 

Shawn's performance was amazing, and now Taylor was on. I am on after Bad Blood, so I still have enough time. I was put into my outfit of all black, blacktop, black shorts, and black knee boots. I was so excited about tonight, especially since glitter was added to my body and face.

My in-ear monitors were hooked up to me, and I was all ready to go. I felt confident, but at the rush of nervousness, that disappears after stepping on stage. This is always the feeling I get that I love so much. 

I followed behind the tour manager as Shawn and Anne were together at their seats. It was dark, but there was a light leading me on the correct path. They handed me a microphone as I stood looking out at Taylor who wore a near-identical outfit, but in white. We were like the angels on shoulders.

"Please welcome out my dear friend Madisyn Espinosa!" Taylor screamed to the crowd as she held her arm out to the direction I was walking on stage. The stadium was erupted into cheers making me hold a huge smile. 

"I'm on my fourteen carats, I'm fourteen carat. Doing it up like Midas, mmm" I walked over to her and gave her a hug.

"Now you say I got a touch so good, so good, make you never wanna leave, so don't, so don't," she sang to me.