Chapter 21 Funeral

Today is the day of the funeral. The day I have been dreading.. I wish this never would of happened.

With tears falling from my eyes I got up out of bed, and went to my bathroom. I look a lot better then I did yesterday. My face isn't as sunken in, and my ribs aren't showing as much.

I turned on the shower to the perfect temperature, and stripped out of my clothes. Carefully I got in letting the hot water hit my skin.

After I finished taking my shower I wrapped my towel around my body, and went to my bedroom. I had my dress set out already. I put lotion on, and deodorant before slipping into my black dress. My dress has straps, and a black belt. It went a little above my knees.

A while ago I took Jenna shopping, and she picked out these purple heels for me. I decided to wear them just for her. I slipped them on, and started blow drying my hair. After my hair was dried I curled, and pulled back two pieces of hair and tied them in the back. No makeup today.

I grabbed one of my empty purses, and stuck Chapstick, tissues, my speech, and Jenna's crown in it. Kathy said I can put her crown in her casket with her since it is going to be an open casket funeral.

"Are you ready?" Shawn asked softly opening my door.

I nodded my head, and started my way down the stairs. My legs are already feeling weak. I made my way into the limo we rented, and buckled up. Anna sat on my right and Matt on my left. Only Matt, Anna, Shawn, Cam, Nash, and Hayes are coming because they knew her, and she loved them so much. It was so cute when they would make her laugh, and she would make them laugh. I miss her little smile.. I grabbed Anna's hand holding it for comfort. A couple tears started building up in my eyes, but I blinked them away.

When we arrived at the church I stepped out, and grabbed Matt's hand.

"I don't know if I can do this," I whispered holding back my self from entering the building.

"I know you can. You are strong Madisyn," he said hugging me. "Mom and dad are in there waiting come on."

We all dragged our selfs into the church. No one wants to be here. Who want to be at a funeral for an seven year old?

"Hi sweetie," My mom quietly said hugging me.

Her hug made me feel a little bit better knowing I have my mommy near me.

"Hi mom. Hi dad," I said hugging my dad.

Everyone greeted our parents. While I kept my distance from the group.

"We are going to be in the row in front of you guys," my mom said before grabbing my dads hand, and sitting down.

I followed Matt into our row, and sat on his right. Shawn sat on my left. I am just glad to have people by my side while I go through this. I am not use to loosing people; only a couple of my close family members have passed away.

After everyone was seated in the church a priest started talking about Jenna. Kathy, Mark, and Jase are going to do there speeches last. I don't know how they are going to be able to get though a whole speech. Matt got offered to do a speech, but he decided not to because he wouldn't be able to control his feelings.

A couple more people did some speeches, and it was now my turn. Slowly I walked up to the podium with the tiara in one hand, and in the other a tissue and my speech.

"Hi everyone. My name is Madisyn Espinosa I am Jenna's cousin. When I first saw Jenna I knew something was special about her. She had the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen. Instantly I loved her with all my heart. From that day first day I held her and on I called her my little princess. As she grew up she became such a beautiful child. She had an amazing smile, and laugh." I took a pause and wiped away the tears on my face. "Her smile was contagious. I just remember watching her one day, and saying 'little princess you make my day.' She looked at me confused and replied back, 'Why do you call me little princess? I just don't feel like one since I don't have a crown.' So for her birthday I decided to get her her one which is why I have this one in my hands. She will always be my little princess no matter what." I wiped away more tears and took a deep breath. "God took her away too soon, but I know he has a reason why. He needs more Angels like her to make more people happy. I will always miss her. I will miss her blue eyes, smile, laugh, kindness everything. I am just grateful to of had her in my life. So I decided on singing a song by Carrie Underwood that I always use to sing to Jenna. She absolutely loves this song."