Chapter 1

“YOU’RE FUCKING WORTHLESS, YOU WERE SUCH A MISTAKE!”

She said as she kicked at my helpless body on the bathroom floor saying all the hurtful words coming into her mind.

“S-stop please.” I begged.

“SLUT!”

She kicked me and threw her beer bottle against the wall as it shatters all over the place including my body.

I lay there in silence trying not to upset her before she ends up killing me. She spits and leaves the bathroom as she slams it shut and hear her car engine starting. Drunk and driving, amazing…

I gently remove the broken glasses that were stuck against my body and army crawled my way to my bedroom which was more like a dungeon. As I reached into my room I crawled up into a ball on the hard mattress and cried myself to sleep. I hate my life.

---

My eyes slowly flicker open as I hear that woman throwing a tantrum in the living room. I groaned in pain as I slowly got myself from bed to get in the shower as I was still covered in blood from the beating and my face looking terrifying from all the crying and loss of sleep I’ve been having.

I lump my way into the shower as I stripped off my filthy clothes and let the hot water ease my pain. The water hitting against my back made me relax as I was massaging the shampoo in my scalp thinking about my ‘perfect’ life. 

Fifteen minutes later I closed the tap and wrapped my body with my dark blue towel as I droplets from my wet hair were dropping onto the mat I was standing on.

I grabbed a comfy jumper that would keep me cozy and some leggings.  My whole wardrobe is mostly filled with baggy hoodies/sweaters with sweats or legging because my so called mother doesn’t allow me to wear anything else as she thinks it’s ‘sluttly’ and because I don’t like my appearance, you could say I’m not a perfect  18 year old girl.

I combed through my long brunette hair as it was still wet and flopped back down my bed listening to the woman yelling at some disgusting man she probably brought last night.

I always wanted to just run away and never turn back to this place and not even be happy with my life.  My mom always finds me and brings me back to this place, and gives me a ‘lesson’ saying how I’m too young to leave and shit. Now that I’m an adult I guess there is no one that can stop me.

I didn’t even want to stay in this place any longer all the good memories that were in this household has all disappeared and replaced horrific ones.  Ever since my dad has passed away my mother keeps taking out her pain from drinking and then she takes her anger out on me, but now she just changed into a person and she can’t even control herself that it’s became a daily thing. She isn’t my mother anymore, I hate her.

I placed my ear against the door as I heard the yelling as stopped and the house was silent.  This was the perfect time for me to escape. I quickly grabbed my bag and packed my important belonging which was a picture of my dad and I, few clothing, my toothbrush and of course my diary.

Just because I have a diary, doesn’t mean you can assume that it’s all about love or my crush in school because it’s nothing like that.

It’s filled with my past and darkest secrets which I have told no one, because I have no one.  This diary has been my only friend because my mom took me out of school in my last year of highschool, because I was an emotional wreck. That was when she cared, now she doesn’t give a fuck if I go to school or not and I choose not too, knowing that it was a living hell.

Lastly, I grabbed my phone which was damaged but still was able to work from all the throwing and bashing my mother has done to it.

I put my hood over my head and took a good look around the house and it was a complete mess, I needed to get out before I break down.

I opened the door as the cool air hit against my face and took a deep breath before I shut the door and began walking and not looking back.