67: A Cruel Reality

Začít od začátku

Katsuki stared at him, taken aback as to why him of all people showed up to visit. It was clear that Todoroki hadn't gotten any good sleep in a while, and honestly part of him felt a small twinge of guilt. He couldn't imagine how me must feel to lose him and Karin to the villains. Bakugou relaxed his shoulders and closed his eyes. "Heh, you look like shit..."

Shouto lowered his gaze before shutting the door behind him. He quietly stepped closer before circling around his bed, crossing his arms over his chest in the process. His expression was cold- seeming practically lifeless. The tension there was so thick. Mitsuki cleared her throat while motioning for her husband to leave. "We'll... give you two time to talk..."

Both of the adults silently left, leaving the boys alone. Katsuki swallowed down the collective spit building up at the back of his throat while his mouth became dry. He slightly narrowed his eyes at him, wondering if he'll ever speak up. Bakugou awkwardly laid in his bed, rolling his eyes as he waited for Shouto to start off the conversation. What he didn't expect though, was the dry scratchy voice that came from the male. His eyes widened slightly, hearing it as if it wasn't even Shouto speaking at all. "The doctors said that you'll be staying here for a couple more days. They conducted surgery on your hands, mending flesh back together..... they placed three pins into both of your kneecaps, so those will eventually heal over time as well. You're lucky that they didn't end up getting infected."

He paused as his eyes lingered out into the window. It was a calm Sunday afternoon as the sky was grey from clouds threatening to pour down rain. The traffic of cars passing by on the streets was what his heterochromatic eyes focused on. "You'll need therapy... I don't even know if you'll be able to fully make it to getting caught up for next year..."

Katsuki sighed, already expecting for this to come about. Despite having the normal feeling coming through his fingers, the palms and backs of his hands were terribly scarred, making the movements very stiff and troublesome. He'd be left behind from his peers, struggling to catch up with having to deal with the burden of fully grasping his power again. Bakugou frowned slightly when realizing that he'd need constant support on his wrists in order to train himself to be stronger again. Brace bands would go over his knees and he's need to grow back the weak muscles through constant months of therapy. His body needed to heal.... he was just glad that they were able to save most of it in time.

The news to him was numbing, and part of him was still arguing with the idea of going back to face his classmates. The embarrassment of letting him and Karin get captured... it was too much. His pride and reputation was no more, so there was a very little chance that he could be the greatest hero that he wanted to be. Bakugou made a tsk sound with his teeth, feeling a single tear roll down his cheek that he didn't even recognize at first. "Heh.... at least.... we're finally out of that fucking hellhole. Karin whooped their pathetic asses.."

Shouto clenched his left hand into fist as he continued to narrow his eyes towards the other side of the window. Another wave of silence lingered in the air, making the ash blond feel uncomfortable to say in the least. "Where is she?"

Todoroki hesitated for a moment, continuing to stare off into space as his thoughts spiraled into who knows where. He then took a shaky breath, trying to his best to push down his sorrow for just a moment so he could speak again.

"She's gone."

The beeping within the heart monitor sensed a sudden jump, forming a sharp increase of the rhythm of blood flow. Bakugou was frozen, his shoulders tense and his lips tightened to form a straight line. "You're not funny...."

"Bakugou, I'm being serious."

Another jump in the monitor. Katsuki felt his chest lurch forward with a jolt as his pupils grew small with worry. Shouto slowly looked over his shoulder to gaze back at him, seeing as the color from his face was slowly draining. Bakugou stared up at the ceiling, replaying those words inside his head, and trying to understand them. Karin seemed perfectly fine before he passed out...