Chapter 93

Camila's POV

I closed the notebook that was on my desk with force. Shit, once again I became distracted. The movement in the clinic is quiet, perhaps because it is still very early, usually in those rare moments I take charge of the administrative part, which is also, curiously, the one I hate the most.

However today there was no way that those papers captured my attention, so when the phone rang I hurried to answer it, eager to have an excuse to run away from what I was doing.

"Hello!"

"Camila!" Taylor's voice came out as animated as mine "oh, how much I miss you."

"Yes, I miss you too" I smiled, leaning back to the chair "how is my future godson? are you feeding him well?"

"Even if I wasn't responsible, believe me, I am, my husband would not let our son be harmed in any way" she said "in short, my life, what do you say of coming to dinner here at my house tomorrow?"

"I can take a walk over there.." I bit my lips "but my sister is here with me and I know she will stay for a few more days, so I was with her to decide what she wants us to do in the night, since I spend working all day."

"Well you can come with her, we will be happy to receive her."

"You're the owner of a hotel talking.."
I muttered, she started laughing
"I promise I'll talk to her, and then I'll call you back, okay?"

"Perfect" she agreed, then we said goodbye, but before Taylor spoke with a slightly distant and somewhat nostalgic voice "oh and Mila..."

"Yes?"

"I really miss you very much"

And something in her tone of voice made it very clear that she was not talking only about physical contact.

"Julian!" I called him, when I saw him go through the hall, he stopped at my door and nodded "do you think I've changed?"

"What?"

"Yes, in all this time, during the years..."

"Clearly, you have been more matured. Why?" he askdd

"Because I feel that the people I value most in the world don't like this new Camila. And if they don't approve me I don't know if I want to be like that."

"Dear, you only have to change if you are not satisfied with what you are. Don't do it for others, who truly loves you will finally accept you as you are."

"Julián, I don't know who I want to be"
I admitted, sadly "my world fell apart"
I felt like a knot in my throat "because all I do is feel fear"

"Of what?" he finally entered the office.

"To disappoint" I  bit my lip "I'm only trying to do the right thing I failed cruelly."

"That's your problem" he approached, crouching in front of me "you always want to please others and embrace the world, but here is a novelty, your arms are too small for that."

He smiled "hug you first, and then do it with the one that follows" I nodded, feeling stupidly fragile.

"Come herec" he pushed me towards him to hug him "you are young, free and without obstacles, don"t get so involved with work" he whispered "do more what your heart sends you, it's time to try, make mistakes, try again..."

"How do you know that the problem is in this clinic?"

"I'm not so distracted, since you came back from the trip you're different" he caressed my hair "the constant brightness in your eyes went out" I contaved the tears "it's obvious that we all know that you love what you do, but there came a time when clearly you didn't want to be here anymore, if you understand?"

"And if I get out of here and another rebellion happens?" I asked

"Angel, if it has to happen, it will happen, regardless of where you are..."
he walked away to see me "go live,  put a little color to that face, a smile to those lips..." I ran my hand through my eyes, tearing away the tears, while smiling.

"You're vety young to always pass in here, go out and give yourself the opportunity to be seen by the world..."

"Seriously, you're the best" I said honestly, laughing.

"You are also that's why we are an incredible team. Keep those papers and give the rest of the afternoon free."

I ended up following his advice and, for the first time in years, I left work earlier.

On the way home I saw a park, the sun was radiant, spreading its shine all over the place.

I went down and allowed myself to sit barefoot on the grass and enjoy the outdoors, because that was exactly how I felt:

Free !