Chapter 64

Camila's POV

The annoying noise of my cell phone caused me to get away from Lauren, I growled while taking a deep breath and attending to him.

"Hello!?"

"Camila?!" A hoarse and completely familiar voice was heard, making me laugh.

"Marielle?!"

"Oh my God, it's you!" she answered
"I was afraid that you had changed the number and you had forgotten to give it to me again"

"No why did you thought that?" Lauren saw me with a wrinkle forming in the middle of her eyebrows. I didn't even realize she was speaking Spanish, just hearing Marielle's voice was automatic.

"I'm thinking about taking some days off and going to visit you"

"Seriously!? I miss all our bullshit!"

"I'll come, what do you say next month? I called you because I saw you on the cover of a magazine. Obviously I bought it, they were praising your work with the clinic. I felt immense pride for you" she said

A tenderness seized me when I heard those words. We talked several things, when I ended the call my heart had squeezed to know that my friends will always be my friends, regardless of the distance between us.

I looked to the side and noticed that Lauren had fallen asleep. A laugh escaped my lips, I took my hands to her hair, to keep it from going in her face

I settled beside her, playing with her hair and feeling full again, while imagining that scene -her sleeping beside me- as something familiar. For the first time in a long time, I thought of Lauren as my wife.

Lauren's POV

I left the transe that causes my sleep, being slightly conscious, although not enough to open my eyes. I felt Camila's little fingers caressing my hair, I stayed still, enjoying her closeness.

I heard her soft voice whisper something distant, as if she were talking to herself. My heart stopped beating for a while when I heard her clearly say my love.

After so many years, the words that used to be habitual, were enough to cause a sea of ​​emotions in my whole being.

Heavens, how I wanted to hear her say that she still loves me... I need her to say it.

I already lost many opportunities to be here, now it has to be worth it.

It's not that it's not worth it anymore, obviously.

I opened my eyes, knowing that my farce wouldn't last long, Camila quickly moved her hands away and opened her eyes completely when she noticed that I was awake.

It didn't take long for her features to relax.

"Hello you sleeper" she said in a slightly childish voice, stolen a smile.

"Come here.." I took her, forcing her to lie next to me.

"Are we going to stay in bed all day?" she asked

"Hm, it's not a bad idea" I answered, with a somewhat malicious tone. She tapped lightly on my shoulder, releasing that beautiful laugh that only she owns.

I turned my face to appreciate her smile, however, I met her eyes.

The intense and indisputable shine that was in them made it clear that there are things that, necessarily, don't need to be said.

They are clear.

In that case...yes, I love you too, my love.