Chapter 71

Camila's POV

I placed the cell phone to my ears, lightly laying it there, while I looked at the street practically empty.

I felt warm and comfortable arms wrap around me and a small kiss was deposited on my shoulder. I tilted my head to the other side, leaving her free to brush her lips against my skin and curl up in her body, laying me down fully on it.

"Thoughtful?" her sweet voice made me tremble.

"Dreamy" I answered, with a smile painted on my face.

I turned around, meeting her green eyes, I noticed her wet hair, leaving her even more irresistible.

"Let me see if you smell good.." I said

I brought my face to her neck, running my nose lightly across the region, while inhaling her impressive perfume. Lauren placed her hands on my waist while her skin bristled. I smiled, realizing that her weak point will never change.

I raised my face, brushing my own lips on hers, unable to bear the devastating softness they have, I ended up choosing not to resist the urge to bite them, doing it with her lower lip. After the act I moved away a little, to see her.

"Your fragrance is incredible, Jauregui" she opened her eyes, upset, while a mischievous laugh escaped my lips.

"Since when are you so evil?" she opened her eyes even wider, clearly holding a laugh. If there's one thing I love about Lauren it's her good humor.

I wrapped my arms around her neck, hugging her tightly and resting her face on my shoulder. I closed my eyes when she gave back, taking advantage of one of the only moments in which I feel totally full, because, although I have made her suffer these last days and she has shown me full of imperfections, she always welcomes me and makes me feel the most special woman in the whole universe.

Lauren's POV

I sniffed the sweet perfume that emanated from Camila's soft hair, while joining her body to mine. I felt so small and seemingly so fragile, it becomes ironic knowing the strong woman she is.

Of all that has endured in the past because of my fault and everything that is currently being carried alone. Sometimes I feel the desire to never let go again, to solve all the problems that afflict her and take away the weight that she carries on her back.

"Lauren..." her soft voice woke me up, I moved a little away from her to see her eyes.

"Yes?"

"Do you think we two will work? like again? I mean, even me having to work with my clinic and you with a thousand things to write?.." she asked

"Woman, try asking the question to the contrary" I suggested, she saw me confused again "ask yourself if we wouldn't work together."

She was silent for a moment.

"I'm afraid that the same thing will happen again"

"Things wete different, before we lived together, twenty-four hours, and sometimes we separated..." I caressed her face "but not now, now each one has its space..."

"But I like to be with you" she smiled, hugging me around the waist and hiding her face in my chest again. I laughed, kissing her hair.

"You're not convinced yet, right?" she nodded, timidly "do you think it would work with any other person? you can say it, I am strong" I teased

"No. After all these years it never worked with anyone" she said

"Then, don't you think we're complete?" I smiled. She saw the ground again, embarrassed.

I touched her chin, making her looking me in the eyes,then, lightly, I sealed her lips, with my heart beating a thousand as it always does at times like this.