Chapter 52

Lauren's POV

"With how many women and men have you already slept?" I crossed my arms. She left what she was doing and turned to see me.

"Do you really want to know? Lauren, honestly, does that matter?" she released the cloth and took a few steps towards the front "I had a life after what happened between us" she focused her brown eyes on my face "and, let's say I'm not as naive as before."

"Just tell me Camila, how many."

"I don't know how many, Jauregui"
I closed my eyes, to resist my nerves.
"I never stopped to count. They were... some people" her hand touched my arm

"Do you feel good? Lauren, you're pale."

"No I'm alrigth" I sat down slowly in one of the kitchen chairs "I just..." I breathed deeply "I didn't expect it"

"Lauren, I grew up..." she crouched in front of me, resting her hands on my legs "I wasn't going to stay sitting all my life waiting for you to come back."

"It was not only my decision that we finished.."

"I know. I know I agreed" she sighed "we needed to live, break barriers, venture, learn..."

"I'm sorry..." I murmured "is that I see you and it's as if we had never separated. I don't know... it's strange."

"Do you know why do you feel that?" she asked ande touched my chin, caressing it with her warm, delicate hand. I denied
"because with you it's perfect, only with you, and I need to stop looking like a silly girl..." I put my hand on hers "everything is different, because when you touch me I feel..." she lowered her eyes, lacking her voice.

"You feel...?"

"I feel love"

Camila's POV

A smile sprang to her lips and I felt great relief go through my body to see that I didn't say such big nonsense. She made an attempt to answer, but I stopped her.

"Let me explain you" I asked, she saw me, patieny "when you told me little, it was exactly how I felt..." I looked down, searching for the right words "it's incredible the ability you have to get the girl which there is in me out and at the same time instigate the woman in whom I have become. I don't know if it's your way of being, but all the love and attention you have with me makes me feel protected, and as I told you, beloved..."

"There are several gestures of mine that are only saved for you.." she said and I smiled, slightly "I hope that with time you can recognize them" I nodded. She placed a delicate kiss on my cheek

"We mature here..." she shook her head. "But, in essence, we're still two confused young people..." we laughed

Lauren's cell phone 'woke us' I turned my gaze away from her and again saw the pan, in the frustrated attempt to recover some pancake.

"Drew! How are things going there?" her voice was becoming distant as she walked away.

I put both hands on the counter and lowered my head, trying to recover the air that she always steals from me when she sees me so intensely.

I turned and saw her, deciding that from now on I was going to decipher all the mysteries of Lauren and discover how she feels about everything that is happening.

Even if it hurts me,
I'm putting my heart into the game.