Chapter 72

Camila's POV

"How about a coffee, Miss Cabello?" Lauren asked, with a smile that made me laugh.

"Of course, Miss Jauregui" I answered, smiling "the only problem is that I think that there isn't even old bread in the house..."

"That's exactly why I was thinking about leaving. There is a bakery a few blocks from here, where they sell the most impressive pastry of the place."

"So, let's go. I just have to change" she ran her gaze over my dress and nodded

I let go of her arms and hurried to change, being ready in a record time of thirty minutes.

I turned red under Lauren's sweeping gaze.

"Am I so irresistible?" I teased, finishing down, she came closer, touching my face lightly.

"I love you..." she smiled, tenderly.
Anyway I opted for simplicity, a normal white blouse, jeans, converse and a braid. That's why I get shocked when Lauren makes those kind of comments.

"Did you know that I always dreamed of peasants?" she scoffed, a second later. I pushed her, laughing, as I passed by her and walked to the door "Camila, for God's sake, don't move so muc" she growled back, increasing my laughter "or we're not going to the outside railing" she slipped her arm over mine opening the door while she smelled my neck. I shot myself with the act.

She entwined her fingers with mine as we walked through the practically empty streets of the city. The sun beat us and the wind brought the smell of the countryside, giving a unique feeling of freedom.

After a relatively short time we arrived in front of a simple house with a sign that said; 'Café de la nana'. I smiled

We entered the small place, with the delicious aroma of fresh bread mixed with something that reminded me of the weekends that I spent with my grandmother. Lauren sat down at one of the small tables, making me accompany her.

"Oh, I can't believe it, my girl!" a nice lady of about seventy years and with naturally white hair exclaimed surprised to see Lauren, who quickly got up to hug her.

"Hello nana" she said with an eminent affection in the voice that filled me with tenderness.

"Who is this beautiful girl, daughter?" she smiled, watching me. I got up, greeting her and being received by a warm hug.

"I'm Camila, nice to meet you."

"Just look at you, how beautiful..." she touched my face, while smiling "Oh, Lauren, you have a beautiful friend" she smiled. She laughed at my embarrassed expression "José! Prepare a very good coffee for these two young people" she ordered, as she disappeared between two doors.

"Since Taylor bought the house we were always coming here to take coffee from the lullaby, it's like a tradition" Lauren explained, noticing my curious look "she treats us as if we really were family."

The affection with which she spoke of the lady made me feel that I loved her even more.

"And your sister? Tell her I won't send her her rolls again if she doesn't come to visit me" Nana commented, as she left the coffee cups on the table.

"She's pregnant, nana" she told her. The lady left what she was doing and let out a smile that even dimmed the sunlight.

"Don't tell me!" she said surprised, "oh, that's wonderful!" she brought her hands to her face "a child, was what was missing in this place" she smiled

"Call her, I guarantee she'll love listening to you" the lady quickly accepted the suggestion and while we were enjoying the best coffee of our lives she talked excitedly with Taylor.