The Last Chapter

Kate

I rapped my knuckles on Jason and Alex's room's door.

No answer.

I sighed.

"Alex, I know you're in there." I spoke.
He hadn't come down for dinner and Jason said that he was resting but I had a feeling he was just avoiding me.

"Come on, Alex." I sighed.

Still no response.

"You know if you're going to tell Jason to run away with me, you should at least give me a proper goodbye." I tried.

Still nothing.

I don't know how I felt about Alex suggesting that Jason and I leave together.

That's what I had wanted in the first place but since Alex and Bella kind of joined us, I thought we'd all be in this together.

If Alex was really okay with me leaving with Jason, I wanted him to look me in the eye and tell me himself.

"Alex." I begged.

Still no response.

Maybe I was being inconsiderate. Maybe this was him trying to let me go and I was just making it harder by pestering him for a goodbye.

Maybe this was our goodbye.

I placed my palm on the door 

"Bye Alex." I spoke knowing he would hear. "I love you." I whispered the last part.

I fought back tears. This was it. Our official goodbye.

I was finally saying goodbye to my Alex.

It was hard to believe after all that we had been through.

I turned to leave praying Jason's goodbye with Isabella was going a whole lot smoother.
I had only walked a few steps when I heard a door creek open.

I turned around and saw that it was in fact Alex's door. But he was nowhere to be seen.

I walked towards it assuming he wanted me to be the one to follow him in.

I pushed open the door..

I immediately gasped.

"Alex."

He was on the floor beside his bed, his hands tied behind his back and his mouth gagged.

He was writhing and trying to say something. I immediately started rushing towards him but he only seemed to struggle more. It's at the last minute that I realized he was telling me to run.

I heard the door slam behind me.

I spun around and my eyes widened.

Dixon.

I just stared at my childhood friend who had a gun in his hand.

"Kate." He let out.

I subconsciously took a step back.

"It's okay. You don't have to be scared. I won't hurt you." He assured me.

"I don't know what to believe anymore." I told him shakily.

He frowned. "You can believe that it's just me. You know me."

"The Dixon I knew wouldn't be doing any of this." I told him.
He looked hurt.

"Well the Kate I knew wouldn't be associating with the people who murdered her family." He spat.