The Phoenix Hotel

"Do they ever just go away?" I grumbled.
I was in the passenger seat of Jason's car. We had just left the pizza parlour and the paparazzi hadn't left our side since then and to make it worse it looked like they had actually increased in number.

"Nope." Jason answered as he made another turn.

"Do you even know where you're going? Because with all the turns you've made it almost seems like you're lost."

Jason let out a scoff to display his irritation. "This is basically my city. I can never get lost." He spoke sternly.

I decided not to argue with him. I had already realised that arguing with him was a waste of time because he would always keep shooting back just to prove that he was right.

"Well how do you plan on shaking off the paparazzi?" I asked as I looked behind and still saw two vans following us.

"You'll see." He muttered.

He pressed something on the screen of the car.

"Joey." He called.

"What's up Jason?" The familiar voice of Jason's body guard came booming through the radio.

"Got the paps on my tail, get in formation at the Phoenix station, I'll be there in five minutes." He spoke.

I couldn't help but notice how much his voice radiated a certain kind of authority.

"Got it." Joey answered before Jason hung up.

"What does that-" before I could finish the question, Jason stepped on the gas pedal and sent us flying forward.
"Are you crazy?" I yelled.

"Little bit." Was all he said in response.

I gripped the seat tightly and shut my eyes as I tried not to think about the illegal speed Jason was driving.

"Jason slow down!" I demanded as I tried to take in deep breaths to calm myself down.
Of course he didn't comply and if anything, he even drove faster.

"Jason." I spoke again trying to put more force in my voice but failing miserably due to how scared I was.

I felt like someone had taken my heart and started tossing it around like a volley ball. I felt a funny feeling in my stomach.

"Jason! Stop! Stop right now!" This time I yelled though it didn't come out as threatening as I hoped. Instead it came out sounding strangled and pleading.

That's when I felt it, the car had slowed down. No in fact it had come to a stop.

I wasted no time in quickly fumbling to unbuckle my seat belt and practically flung myself out of the vehicle.
I stumbled, feeling dizzy, I felt myself falling but before I could hit the ground Jason had his arms around my waist lifting me up.

I leaned on the car to keep myself from falling.
Everything was still spinning.

'Hey, you need to breathe." I heard Jason tell me. I felt his hand tuck back some hair that had fallen on my face.

I wanted to speak, to say anything but I couldn't. That's when I realised that I was hyperventilating.

"Kate, breath." Jason spoke again in a soothing tone. "You're having a panic attack. You need to relax."

His hands grabbed my face. "Kate, look at me." He demanded.

I looked up at him and immediately came into contact with those hazel eyes. That was enough for me to pull me back to my senses.

"That's it, just focus on my voice. Breathe." He encouraged me.

I found myself responding to that authorative voice. I started taking in long deep breaths until I finally reached a steady pace. Everything was coming back to normal and I could feel myself relaxing. I started to become more aware of our surroundings. I realised that we were parked in an alley somewhere, I could hear the busy New York streets. Cars honking, people talking...