How to fake date

I finished up applying my mascara before I put the brush back in the container.

I blinked at my reflection and hoped to God that I looked appropriate.

I had found a really fancy dress on my bed which was obviously left by Isabella for my date. She obviously had the whole 'expensive restaurant' picture in mind.

I ended up picking out an outfit from the closet which Isabella had fortunately filled.

I picked out a plain black skater skirt and paired it with a white lacy tank top and added a long grey cardigan on top of it.

Since it was just a pizza date, I didn't see the need to put on so much make up so I kept it light with some mascara, a little eyeliner and a simple light pink lip gloss.

I mentally thanked Alex for packing my makeup bag before we left.

I took in a deep breath as I examined the clock on the wall, I had about twenty minutes until we had to leave.

I wasn't ready to face Jason again. If I was scared of him before, I was completely frightened now.

I hadn't meant to get him so upset but he had offended me too and I have learnt that in life people will treat you according to the things you allow them to do to you.

I tried to get my mind off all that was happening by examining my room.

It was practically hidden in the hallway but I wasn't complaining I actually appreciated the privacy.

It wasn't as big or as nice as the guest room at Anthonys house but in his defence, Anthony was older and he was married to a lady who has been described as the queen of interior design.

Jason was still a bachelor and he was only twenty two so I wouldn't expect him to be too worried about how his house looked much less his guest room.
It was a cream white colour with a brown wood tiled floor.

I could tell that no one had slept in here for a while. Though it was spotless, the room seemed stuffy, my first instinct was to open a window but I decided against it. I still didn't feel comfortable enough to start touching things. Not like there was much to touch anyway. The only things in the room was the queen sized bed, a dresser equipped with a mirror and the in built closet. On the left side of the room.
It was self contained, there was a door that led to a little en suite. The bathroom had a couple of folded towels and a few bottles of soaps and shampoos that I assumed Isabella had put in there.

I couldn't help but miss mine and Alex's room back in Florence. Our apartment was no mansion but it was home. Our bedroom had a bright red colour which Alex had hated before but eventually agreed was perfect. Different paintings and photographs hang on our walls and different little ornaments that we had collected together decorated the room. It was a room with so many stories and memories. A wave of sadness hit me when I realised that I might never have that again.

My eyes went back to the clock which was the only thing that hung on the walls. I sighed, five more minutes, I might as well head down before I upset him even more.

I got up from where I sat on the bed. I grabbed a small bag that I had found in the closet and threw my phone, lip gloss and my purse in it.
I headed down the path I had taken to get here, it wasn't as complicated as Anthonys house, I was back in the living room in no time.

Jason was leaning against the bar as he chatted away on his phone.

He looked at me when I walked in, making me more uncomfortable than I already was.

"....take care of it in the meantime, I'll call you later." He hung up and now gave me a full body examination that made me want to be swallowed up by the ground.