Polo II

I felt like my stomach was swarming with butterflies. I sat on my polo pony and looked around me.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the annual Nowegian/Dynasty polo tournament hosted by the Dynasty hotel. If you want to live like a king, you won't hesitate to book a room here, ask King Henrik, he stays here all the time when he visits... ' The commentator's voice boomed from the speakers.

There were three other players on my team including Anthony. Anthony was playing 'Number 3'. Basically the 'Number 3' player is the best player on the team, his job is to maintain a solid defence. He's also like a tactical leader.

The two other guys on our team were apparently Anthony's polo buddies, Asher and Demetri. Asher played in the 'Number one' position, his role is more offence oriented, his job is to cover the other teams 'Number 4' player.

Demetri played in the 'Number 2' position, his job is to score or pass to Asher to score and I was left with the number 4 position, my job was to be sort of like a goal keeper, to prevent the other team from scoring and to cover Anthony.

Prince Erling's team also comprised of four very muscular looking guys in matching green uniforms. Unlike our red ones that simply held our numbers and the Dynasty hotel symbols.

The Norwegian team's uniform had various patterns and symbols on them and had their names printed on the back of them.

Prince Erling was in the 'Number 3' position which actually didn't surprise me. I just wondered if he was as good as he made himself out to be.

All this wasn't what made me nervous though, what made me nervous was the large crowd that was seated in the make shift bleachers that Anthony had told me had been made overnight for this occasion.

They wrapped around the 'arena' we would be playing on.

Jason and his family sat in a special little open tent looking like the judges of the game. I could feel Jason's eyes on me.

I adjusted my red helmet on my head and tightened my gloved hands on the reigns of the horse.

Anthony had gotten me plain white denim jeans which actually fit perfectly and one of the team Jerseys which was over sized.

The other equipment was easy to find.

"Oh the teams look to be in super good form today. On the right, we have the Nowegian bucks headed by Prince Erling himself who looks to have kept his team, the defending champions, in tip top shape. And on the left we have the Dynasty team headed by Anthony  Callahan. Now we haven't had the Dynasty team win in a while but maybe the tables might turn this year. We have the same team as last year only this time there happens to be a new player; miss Katelyn King has joined the Dynasty team and is taking the 'Number 4' position. Could she be what the team has needed all this time?"

Anthony turned to look at the rest of our team and gave each of us knowing looks.

I immediately knew what it meant. 'Let them win but don't make it too obvious.'

I still didn't like the idea but at this point I really had no choice.

I was still on some sort of probation here. One wrong move and I'd get on Mr Callahan's bad side and then who knew what would happen to me?

So I really had no choice but to play along.
The referee stood between our two teams and said some words to prince Erling and Anthony.
Both men nodded.

"Okay!" The referee yelled before blowing his whistle immediately sending all of us into action.

"Ladies and gentlemen, will you look at that, we're only a few seconds into the match and the Nowegian team already has the ball.... look at Morselow's form as he passes the ball to his majesty, Prince Erling, and now we have Anthony trying to get the ball but-oh-Prince Erling skillfully passes it on to Sniev and wow! Look at Erling's form, he definitely has been practicing. Now Sniev is trying to score but-oh-he just got intercepted by Miss King-"