Blame it on the alcohol

Jason

I couldn't wipe the smirk off my face.
Tonight had been a complete and utter success.
Other than the little incident with Dean at the end of the night, everything had gone swimmingly.

I mean I practically didn't even need to do anything. She basically did all the work.

I mean that kiss. Damn. I know all the socialites in that room are probably spreading our story all over social media as we speak.
I probably didn't even need the paparazzi, Richard was perverted enough to even take a picture which I knew he would boast about on social media.

Who would have known she would actually be useful? All I had to do was put my arm around her, it didn't hurt that I got some action out of it too. She's a good kisser, I'll admit it got to me in a way. I haven't been with a girl since we located Alex and Bella. I was so hell bent on proving myself to Bella that I practically had no eyes for any other girl. And with Anthony's plan set in place, I knew that if I even tried to sleep with another girl, it would instantly get out.

I didn't even realise how much I missed sex until I started thinking about it again tonight.
It's not like Kate turned me on or anything. Right?

I found myself doubting as I turned to look at the curly haired girl who nervously played with her hands as she remained adamantly looking out the window not looking at me.

I really didn't mind. I had gotten what I wanted from her. In fact, I was glad she wasn't pestering me. That's how I liked it.

I hate when girls get all worked up about such things. A hook up should just be a hookup.
I couldn't help but look down at her long smooth legs. I quickly looked away and ran a hand down my face.

No. It was probably the alcohol mixed with the fact that I hadn't been with anyone in so long.
Yeah. That was it.

She was Harry's girl anyway.

Harry.

He wasn't even picking up my calls anymore.
I can't believe he was actually taking his rage out on me.

Harry and I have always been closer than everyone else because we're the closest in age. I know I can confide in Anthony about anything but Anthony is the most overworked Callahan to be honest. I know he would never turn me away but I would never want to add more to his load than he already has.

But Alex and I have always been treated as equals by my father. Sure his mother has always tried to put restrictions on what he is required to do but he has and always will be Frank Callahan's son and my brother.

That's why all this sucks all the more.

I don't feel guilty about kissing Kate because I know that whatever they had is dead and gone now and can't possibly be rekindled.

I just need him to see that so that we can all move on.

But then again, moving on isn't something I'm exactly looking forward to because I really don't know what that will mean for Bella and I.

I know that we were meant to be for sure. She just needs time to heal... yes, that's all she needs.

Some how, some way everything will work out. I just know it.

I didn't realise that I had stopped driving until I heard the car door open.

My head snapped to look at her as she swung her legs out of my car but she still looked at me.
For a moment I thought she would just stare at me with those round hazel eyes and not say anything.

She looked like she wanted to say something but she seemed to decide against it and just turned to exit the car.

I rolled my eyes. She was obviously pondering about the kiss after all.
Or it could easily be Dean's little outbreak tonight.