Cut Off

Harry/Alex

"Harry! Enough with the damn cigarettes already!" I heard Isabella yell as she burst through the door to my room.

She was holding a white paper bag and she put it on my bedside table.

"I got you something to eat... you need to eat."
I put the cigarette I was holding back to my lips before blowing out another puff of smoke.

"I have eaten."

"One rasin from your muffin doesn't count you idiot!" She snapped.

I ignored her and turned around to look out at the busy streets of Paris.

I was about to place the cigarette back to my lips when I felt it being yanked out of my hand.

"Hey!" I yelled.

Isabella dropped it to the carpet and stumped on it with her shoe.

I blinked at her. "Great, you ruined the carpet."

She gritted her teeth at me. "I don't care about the stupid carpet."

"Aunt Elizabeth will. She spent a fortune on them." I spoke as I got up and strolled to the drawers of my dresser.

I found it funny how the Boss had insisted that I take this room. It came as no surprise when he said Bella and I would be living in the Paris vineyard house but I hadn't expected it when he told me I could use his master bedroom. As if that would make me feel like I had the authority and power he had. The funny part, though was that for a long time, as a kid, I always wanted to end up in a place like this.

Where I would truly feel like his son and protégé.

But my priorities changed. My aspirations changed.

I picked a pack of cigarettes out of my drawers.
Isabella marched up to me and snatched the box from my hand before I could even get one out of the box.

She held it in front of my face.

"Really, Harry? I'm this close to shoving these up your ass."

I rolled my eyes and spun around and got my jacket off my coat rack before heading for the door.

"Where the heck are you going now?" She yelled.

"To get more cigarettes." I called back.

For a second, I was surprised when I didn't hear her protest. But then I felt something hit the back of my head.

I winced and my hand immediately flew to the spot. I spun around and saw a remote control on the floor.

"What the heck, Bella?"

She folded her arms across her chest and had a smug look on her face.

"At least I have your attention now."

"So that's what you're going to do now? Physically hurt me."

"Arg! Harry, I don't want to but you're driving me crazy!" She yelled in frustration. "I'm only trying to help you!"

That made me snap. "If you really wanted to help me, you'd help me get Kate back!"

Her face softened and she dropped her hands to her sides as if exhausted.

"I know you miss her, Harry. But what do you expect us to do? We can't go back right now, that would be going against the boss' orders."

"I'd go against the government for her if I had to." I seethed.

Isabella placed her hands on her hips. "Fine, Harry. Do just that. Get on a private jet and head back to New York. But then what? What will you tell the Boss? That you went back because you had to get back to the girl you love who also happens to be someone you didn't tell him about and lets not forget that she's also the daughter of the man who tried to bring him down. What will happen then?"