Important Meetings

The next few days were a drag.

And the first seemed to go slower than the next.

I didn't exactly see Jason much. We would have breakfast together in the morning and lunch whenever I made it back in time. I was usually too tired to have dinner. However Jason would always be by my side feeding me whatever he was eating.

We talked a lot about nothing and everything at the same time in our dull moments.
We would never have the chance to talk like this back in New York.

He told me stories about his childhood. They were interesting tales but they mostly included Alex, Bella and Anthony. I could tell talking about them dampened his mood.

I found out all these little tit bits about him like his favourite colour and why he had a permanent gap where his premolar was supposed to be due to an incident he had with Isabella, involving him calling her fat.

He kissed me whenever and wherever. We cooked together... well I cooked and he tried to keep up.

It felt like we were a married couple living an ordinary life.

People back in New York, his friends and family constantly called but after a few calls he decided not to answer any more and that went for me too.

Carly, Betsy and Gio were right. I had made quite the impact in the fashion world.

Different designers called or emailed me asking me to feature in their shows and some reporters even offered incredible amounts of money for an interview about my life and my relationship with Jason and the Callahan family. I ignored them all.

It wasn't about the people out there. It was about me and Jason right now.

About how when he touched and held me, he meant it. About how he was never too careful. When his lips met mine, he kissed me so that I would remember.

When he touched me, he wanted me to feel every bit of his skin against mine.

It was about how I was letting our relationship progress hypocritically. I was letting it progress simply because it made me feel good.

Because once again I wasn't alone and I had found someone who I could wake up next to. Someone real.

But it wasn't real, was it?

Not while there were still all these lies hanging around.

No one would ever understand what it was like every time I tried to open my mouth and tell him the truth.
The words would try to come out. But something would stop them. The part of me that just didn't want to be alone again.

But I had to do it and I was going to.

I just had to stop procrastinating.

It was my last official day of business in Seattle. I was free most of the day. So I spent it with Jason. We binge watched 'From Dusk till Dawn' and turns out, Jason is crazy for creepy shows about weird snake vampires. Go figure.

Gary had set up this 'super important' meeting for 5.pm on the dot.

Jason of course didn't want me to go and tried to persuade me with a lot of kisses to just blow it off and  stay in and watch the rest of the show with him.

It was tempting but I knew Gary would probably come over here and tried to hunt me down if I didn't show soon.
And I'd rather not have Gary show up and find a shirtless Jason and me wearing nothing but his t-shirt and socks.