My One and Only

...Did you know? That I'm contiguous watching you type on the phone

Something as simple as hearing your tone
It's enough for me to feel like I'm at home......

When I can't sleep, I stare at my boyfriend...

I know, it sounds really creepy but I can't help it.

Alex Robinson is the best thing that ever happened to me and I will never be ashamed to say it.

I watch him, lying peacefully on our bed, his eyelids hide the most beautiful blue orbs I have ever seen. His skin is pale but that can be attributed to the lack of sunshine Florence gets around this time of the year.

Today is one of the rare days the sky seems to be blessing us with the warmth of the sun's rays. They seep through a space in our white curtains, sneakily making their way into Alex's platinum blonde hair.

Automatically, a smile grows on my face, I stare at the love of my life and I thank God for this blessing.

I snuggle closer into his bare chest and take in his peppermint scent.

The whistle like snores that escaped his mouth told me that he was still fast asleep.

I trailed my fingers over the tattoos on his body. I have never been a fan of tattoos but Alex always told me that his ink told more stories than I could imagine. Stories of his life that he never wanted to forget. He hadn't told me what all these stories were and I never made him.

He had three in total.

On his upper chest; were four doves flying away going down to his mid section. I moved down to his toned tummy that held three Chinese symbols for loyalty, family and honor.

Just below, on the area around his torso where his shorts hung low exposed my favorite tattoo, the initials of my name K.L were neatly written in cursive italic letters.

His simplest and smallest tattoo but it held the most meaning.

My fingers lingered on the two letters that held so much promise, the two letters that still got my heart beating every time I saw them. Now that was a story that I knew too well. It was our story.

"If that hand goes any lower, we just might never leave this bed." The groggy voice brought me out of my thoughts, I realized that I was still stroking the tattoo on his lower torso.

I smiled and tugged on his boxer shorts to tease him.

"Would that really be a bad thing?" I asked.

Without warning. I felt him roll over so that he was on top of me, he put either of his hands beside my head to keep from putting all his weight on me.

"Trust me, there's no place I'd rather be but as we both know, the world waits for no one, even you, beautiful."

I took advantage of his imbalance to push him off me.

He chuckled as he landed on his side.

"Arg! Don't remind me! How is it already Monday?"

He gave me a playful smirk, leaning on his elbow to face me. "Well Monday does come after Sunday, so..."

"Oh shut it, Robinson." I told him before hitting him with a pillow.

"Ow!" He spoke, exaggerating the pain. "You wounded me woman!" He moaned.