Emergency Meetings

"Emergency meeting! Emergency meeting!" Anthony yelled for no reason at all.

"We're all here, dim wit." Isabella snapped from where she stood arms folded, leaning against the wall.

"Harry's not here." Anthony pointed out as he lifted his head from his bed and craned it to look around the room.

"He wasn't feeling well." Isabella muttered but I caught her eyes dart to where I sat in a chair against the wall and Jason stood beside me holding my hand.

It's not that I didn't appreciate the gesture. It's just that I had a feeling he was doing it more to spite Isabella than out of genuity.

I had a feeling that's why Alex wasn't here either. He didn't want to see us together like this. And that only made me feel more guilty.

How jealous had I gotten when I met Carly Monroe, Alex's ex.

The reality of the matter was that seeing or even imagining someone you were once so close to with someone else hurt like hell.

And even if Isabella claimed she didn't love Jason anymore, I could tell that seeing us together wasn't doing her much good.

"Get on with it, Anthony." She spat impatiently.

I could only imagine how badly she wanted to leave the room right now.

"Where's Farah?" Anthony asked

"Still dealing with her flat tyre." Jason smirked.

Before we started on our way back to Anthony's place, Anthony instructed Jason to let the air out of one of the front tyres of Farah's vehicles to buy us some time for his 'emergency meeting'.

"Okay, right." Anthony started. He winced as he tried to sit up.

"Take it easy, Tony." Jason told him.

Anthony tried at a smile but it seemed strained.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to worry about me, little brother?"

"Only a billion." Jason replied sarcastically.

"Exactly, so shut up." Anthony responded. 

He finally managed to get himself into a sitting position after much trouble and not to mention pain.

"Okay..." he started, looking exhausted by that small task. "It's clear that the Boss is after Katie Kat, we all need to be present and involved if we want her to stay alive. So if they're any hard feelings or complications in this room, we'd better get them out the way because I need all of you at your best."

He looked from the side of the room where I was with Jason to the other side where Isabella stood alone.

Not one of us spoke. It was, to say the least, a very awkward situation.

"Okaaay..." Anthony sighed. "Looks like I have to go first. Okay, here's the deal. I might have been a little... misinformed and spread some wrong information." He confessed.

"No kidding." Isabella muttered, throwing her mane of hair to the back of her head.

"Hey how was I supposed to tell that you were being sarcastic over the phone?" He argued. "But now the truth is out and everything is settled. Bella didn't sleep with Harry."

Him saying it out loud in the open with the three of us in the room only made the reality seem more complicated.

Jason and I had hooked up under the impress that both our exes had too. It made it a victimless crime in a way.