Break Away

"I've never seen such a sleazy looking place in my life." Isabella spoke as I pulled into the car park of 'Oh Hare's' motel.

After five hours of driving, only stopping two times to switch cars and buy food, we were in the middle of nowhere and had decided to stop at the nearest hotel to rest and actually discuss what we were going to do next.

It's unfortunate that the place we ended up at was this dump.

"Yeah well, feel free to make a reservation at the Dynasty hotel. I hear they have excellent service." I responded sarcastically.

"Jerk." She muttered as she got out of the car.

She looked back at us.

"Are you guys coming or what?" She asked impatiently. "I seriously need a shower after all that."

I turned to look at Kate who was asleep in the passenger seat.

I didn't want to wake her from her peaceful slumber but I knew how Isabella got when she was impatient.

I nudged Kate softly. "Hey, beautiful. We have to get going." I spoke in a soft voice.

Her eyes fluttered open and she looked around and yawned.

"Where are we?" She asked, her voice still groggy.

"The hotel from hell." Isabella muttered.

Kate furrowed her brows at me.

"We're spending the night here." I explained.

"Oh okay." She nodded and started getting up.

I didn't like that she was in this situation. I didn't like that we were on the run or that she had just been involved in that shooting but she was being such a good sport about it. I wondered how she wasn't shivering in a corner and begging for us to make it stop.

"Lets go already!" Bella yelled.

I rolled my eyes. "We're coming! We're coming!" I yelled.

"Maybe Bella and Katie should go check in by themselves first." Harry spoke. He had been awfully quiet this entire time. I just wrote it off to him still being uncomfortable about Kate and I.

I can't say I felt this kind of superiority because Kate chose me.

I was happy to be with Kate of course. More than happy.

But that doesn't mean I didn't feel guilty for taking her away from him.

But he had to understand that I did love her more than I could explain. And if his fear was that I would hurt her he could be assured that that would never happen.

"Whatever. Come on Kate, lets go." Isabella spoke, not even waiting for us before grabbing Kate hand and dragging her out of the vehicle.

I didn't know what to say to Harry when they were gone so we stayed silent for a while.

I didn't like that I felt like I couldn't talk to him. He was my brother. Things might have been complicated with Kate but we could at least find some common ground.

Before I could open my mouth he started.

"Jason. We need to talk about-"

"I know." I interrupted him, still facing the front not wanting to look him in the eye.

"No. Jason you don't-"

"I do, Harry, okay? I get it. I stole your girl from you and that's the most despicable thing I could have done but you have to understand that I didn't mean too. I mean sure, at first I was hurt and just wanted to get back at you for something you didn't even do but I... Kate... she grew on me. And I fell for her and I do love her, Harry. I really do."