What it Takes

The car ahead of us turned into a driveway.
Immaculate double gates stood in front of us.
The first SUV rolled down its window and after a brief conversation with the guard, the gates swung open. I marvelled at the landscaping on the massive front yard. There weren't many flowers just a few small thin branched trees with purple leaves sprouting from them.

The first SUV drove past the door. I expected Jason to do the same but he stopped in front of the entry passageway.

He turned off the engine and jumped out.
I followed suit figuring out that he wasn't the type of guy who announced his actions.

One of the guys jumped out of the SUV that was following behind us.

He stood in front of Jason at attention, ready for further orders.

"You guys go about your business. I'll call you when I need you." Jason told the man. If I recall correctly, I think his name was Greg.

"Sure thing Jason." He responded.

Greg got into the car Jason had been driving and the three cars drove away.

Jason turned and headed for the front door, I followed him making sure to pay attention to every detail of the beautiful place.
Jason walked on in silence.
I guess he only talks when he wants to criticise me or express his dislike for me.

If I thought the bodyguards respected Jason, I must have met the staff first.

They all showed immense respect to Jason. They would all stop to greet him by practically bowing when he was passing by and Jason would only offer a curt nod like he was some kind of king.

I walked behind him just marvelling at the high ceilings and beautiful interior decorations.
I found it strange how no one questioned my presence but I guess I appreciated it even more. The last thing I wanted was to draw attention to myself.

"Jason!" A deep voice called. I stopped abruptly just as Jason did.

We turned around to see a dark haired man coming our way.

I would recognise him anywhere, the oldest Callahan son, Anthony.

Not only was he as good looking as his brothers but he was noted to be the 'Luckiest Callahan' for he would inherit his father's position and wealth after he retired or passed on.

Anthony isn't on TV as much because unlike his brother, not many controversies surround him but I have heard a rumour or two following his play boy behaviour before he got married.

Anthony has chocolate brown unlike Jason and Alex but his eyes are the same hazel shade as Jason's.

The oldest Callahan stood tall and proud in a plain black t-shirt and dark jeans.

"Tony." Jason spoke in acknowledgement.

Anthonys eyes rested on me in a disapproving manner.

"Don't you think it's a little bit too early to have another random girl over? And in my house for that matter?" He asked his brother.

I opened my mouth to protest but Jason beat me to it.

"It's never too late to have a girl over. You should know that better than anyone." He gave Anthony a playful smile. "However, that's not the case here. Anthony, this is Kate. She's Harry's.... friend."

Anthony studied me. "So I take it Harry and Isabella are back?"

"Yes, they're in a meeting with the boss right now." Jason replied.

"Yikes, I would hate to be them." Anthony spoke. "Have you had a chance to talk to Isabella?" He asked Jason.

Jason seemed to tense up. "Not yet." He replied passively.