Bars

I tugged on my skirt for the hundredth time since I put on my outfit which comprised of a pretty white tube top with a matching pencil like skirt that had cool black mesh patterns on one side.

When Gio had brought it over, I immediately said 'hell no' because even if it was pretty, I wasn't used to showing that much skin.

But Gio insisted and told me to trust him.

Note to self; never trust Gio again.

"Will you stop that? You look hot." Jason spoke.

His eyes were fixed on the road.

I didn't say anything in response. I couldn't say anything.

Something was truly off with him. He hadn't insulted me once, heck, he even opened the door to his lamborghini for me.

What was he playing at?

Goodness, I needed to get a grip on myself, I was starting to act as paranoid as him,

"So what's Bars?" I asked. It was really a test. I wanted to see how he would respond to me, maybe he would go back to being same old mean Jason.

"Bars is an A list night club down town." He explained.

A club was the last place Kate Lancaster would ever want to go but not Katelyn King. Katelyn King was okay with clubs.

I tried to tell myself that but I still felt incredibly nervous.

"Why was Anthony banned?" I asked trying to change the subject.

Jason smiled knowingly. "Lets just say he had a little too much to drink and ended up doing something incredibly stupid that the council found out about."

"The mysterious 'council' banned him? They can do that?" I asked in shock.

Jason nodded and his lips formed a straight line. "The council has the power to do whatever they want when it comes to us."

I frowned at him. "So are you nervous about tomorrow?"

He shrugged. "I've done worse than just smashing a few bottles. I can handle whatever they throw at me."

Now I really didn't like Mr Callahan and his posse. First they took Alex away from me and now... Even though I wasn't exactly Jason's biggest fan, I knew that no one deserved to go through what he was going through especially since most of it was caused by his break up with Bella.

"Who's Dr Rowans?" I asked. I knew that I was pushing it with all the questions but I decided to take advantage of this nice Jason and actually get some answers for once.

Jason scowled slightly and I was sure that I had exceeded my limit now.

But once again, I was surprised when he actually answered the question. ''My mother's way of telling me I'm a nut job." He answered.

For once I could read his face perfectly. There was obvious anger and annoyance but also... pain... betrayal.

I don't know what it was that led me to do it, maybe just the fact that I didn't like Elizabeth Callahan very much or maybe because I thought he needed it. I reached forward and placed my hand on his - the one that wasn't holding the steering wheel - he tensed up immediately like he had all the other times I had touched him. But eventually he eased up.

My hand definitely felt out of place where it was but it also felt right to offer him the comfort he obviously needed. I felt the car slow down. We were in traffic. He turned to look at me and once again I couldn't read his expression.