Interrogations

Saying I was worried would be a huge understatement.

As I sat on the cold waiting room bench, waiting while paranoia ate at me.

I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched in more ways than one.

My eyes not only kept drifting to the cameras that hung on the walls but also the people who surrounded me.

I had no way of telling which of them could be a spy... For Mrs Callahan or for Dean. Neither of whom I trusted in the least.

As if that wasn't bad enough, my guilt about what happened to Jason only grew as time went by and I still hadn't gotten word on him.

I had been denied entry into his room no matter what I said. But when Jason's mother and Mr Sapphire arrived, they were practically ushered in there like VIPs. They didn't say a word to me, instead they just stared at me with those judgemental eyes before disappearing down the hall to Jason's room.

I felt restless and I had no idea on what I should do.

I wanted to call Anthony but I didn't feel like I could trust him either.

It was all so crazy. Everyone around me felt like a suspect and I didn't know who I could trust.

Except Jason... For some reason I couldn't picture him possibly being part of it all.

I thought back to the first days since I met him. How I had been certain he was trying to kill me. And now I was contradicting that.

It was all so confusing and I felt restless and unsettled as my eyes darted all around searching for potential threats.

My phone buzzed causing my heart to race.
With shaky hands, I took the device out of my pocket and examined the caller information.
Dean's name popped up.

I instinctively scanned the room again looking for his light brown head of hair.

I quickly got up, walking away from the waiting area to a more isolated hallway before I answered.

"You have some serious explaining to do." I growled.

"Nice to hear your pleasant voice, Miss King." His voice came on the other end sarcasm dripping from it.

"Cut the crap." I snapped. "It's not even the least bit funny. I did not sign up for this. I did not want Jason to end up in the hospital." I spoke the last part in a hushed voice before looking around again.

"Callahan will be fine." He spoke dismissively.

"You did this to him." I whisper/yelled angrily.

"Please, I barely scratched him."

I had to lean on the wall for support. He had just confirmed that he was in fact the one who had attacked Jason.

I pressed the palm of my hand to my forehead.
"When the Callahans find out about this and they somehow connect it to me-"

"Relax. They'll never find out. As I said, I know that hotel better than they do."

I wondered how he did and was about to ask but then I saw two familiar faces approaching me. A bodyguard walked ahead of them, keeping reporters and paparazzi that trailed behind them at bay.

But with the intimidating look on Mr Sapphire's face, I doubted anyone would dare try to cross any lines.

"Kate? Hello?" Dean's voice came from the other end. I still had the phone pressed to my ear but I was caught up in staring at Mrs Callahan and Mr Sapphire.