Interruptions

"My, my, my." Anthony spoke as Isabella and I walked down the right staircase. "Look at how gorgeous you ladies look. If only I wasn't married."

"As if that has ever stopped you before." Isabella spoke with a roll of her eyes.

But she really did look beautiful in her short ivory dress while I on the other hand felt awkward and uncomfortable in the red gown Isabella had thrown me in.

Anthony beamed at me. I had to admit, he looked ridiculously handsome in his tuxedo.

He held out his hand for me. I hesitantly took it. I was taken a back when he placed a soft kiss on my gloved knuckles.

"You look ravishing, Miss King."

For a minute I hesitated wondering what he meant then I remembered that that was supposed to be my name. Katelyn King.
According to Isabella, it sounded more sophisticated.

"Oh right, um... Thank Mr Callahan." I told him.

He gave me a small smile. "You're gonna have to work on that Katie-Kat." He spoke. I didn't appreciate the nickname but I had a feeling there was no stopping Anthony Callahan when he gave you a nickname. "And by the way, as flattered as I am, tonight, there's only one Mr Callahan and that's the birthday boy."

"So what am I supposed to call you?"

He gave me a charming smile. "I think Anthony works."

I slapped my forehead. "Right."

My head was already spinning with everything Isabella had been drilling into my head.

Thankfully most of them weren't lies so I wouldn't have trouble remembering them.
For example,
●Apparently, I was an aspiring model from San Francisco who moved to New York hoping to get discovered. (Lie)
●I'm an orphan and an heiress. (True)
After my parents and brother passed on, I inherited everything. From their houses, to the law firm and country club owned. My brother, who was also a lawyer left everything in my name.
But I didn't have the heart to use any of their money or even touch it, I couldn't even live in their houses, it reminded me too much of them. I got a small apartment on the opposite side of town and a job at a little restaurant.
●I met Jason at a coffee shop. (Lie)
In fact the only thing I've ever seen Jason drink is alcohol.
●I play polo. (True)
I was on my school's polo team actually.

Isabella insisted on having me change little details about myself like my birthday, where I went to school, where I lived.
They were all little details but the thing is that those little things are what make me, me.

"Well, Miss King, you better brace yourself because everyone will want to know anything and everything about Jason Callahan's new girl." Isabella told me. If I wasn't mistaken I swear I detected the slightest hint of jealousy in her tone.

It was bad enough that I was 'dating' Jason with Alex still in my life but now it was affecting my best friend.

Anthony threw his arm around Isabella.

"Definitely true. Ask Isabella, when she got engaged to Jason, everyone wanted to know about her; from the clothes she wore down to the toilet paper she used."

It was weird how I never noticed Isabella and Alex on the media. Sure I have never been the type of person who worried herself about the rich and famous. But since I found out about them, I had started to notice the little things that should have been apparent before.
Like how even in Florence people would come up to them and ask if they had seen them somewhere. Even now as I checked out the popular gossip sites, there were plenty of pictures of Jason with both Alex and Isabella by his side.