Confessions

"Well. Tonight went well." Alex spoke as we walked into my room.

"Well?" I yelped. "Your aunt hates me." I spoke as I slipped off my heels and tossed them across the room. I jumped onto the bed and let out a sigh of relief, it felt so good to be off my feet.

"Don't take it too personally, she hates everyone." He replied.

I let out a giggle. "I guess that makes me feel better. 'The boss' seemed nice enough though."

"Oh don't fall for that. That's just how he gets you to let down your guard."

"Oh." I spoke.

He did a really good job at 'playing nice' then. A really good job.
I would never have guessed in a million years that he wasn't being genuine.

Alex didn't say anything after that. I sat up and looked up at him. He stood a few feet away from the bed with his hands in his pockets and a far away look on his face.

"What are you doing way over there?" I asked in a playful tone.

He gave me a small smile. "Enjoying the view."

I rolled my eyes. "Get over here, silly."

His expression suddenly turned serious.

"Kate, we need to talk." He started.

I stood up and walked towards him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.

"We can talk later." I whispered. "We only have a few hours together before you have to leave and I want to make it special." Before he could say anything else, I smashed my lips on his.

It didn't take long for him to respond.

He moaned into the kiss as I deepened it and placed his hands beneath my hips and lifted me allowing me to wrap my legs around his waist.

He carried me to the bed, somehow we never broke the kiss.

He gently placed me down. I tugged on his shirt and he abruptly pulled away.

He was breathless as he spoke.

"Are you sure baby?"

Alex and I have actually never had sex. Even the whole time we Co-habitated. Call me old fashioned but I'm the kind of girl who believes that sex is something very intimate and special and should only be shared with someone very special to you.

And for me, that was Alex. I love him, I really do, he is my everything and I can't imagine life without him.

I don't know why I waited so long to be sure about it but now I was.

I nodded. "I love you, Harold Alexander Robinson Callahan." I spoke. "I love you and I want to show you that. You came into my life when I was going through one of the most painful experiences and you changed it for the better. I love you and I trust you and that will never change."

The response I got from him wasn't what I was expecting. He pulled away from me and sat at the edge of my bed.

For a minute I just laid there wondering what I had done or said wrong.

I finally got the courage to sit up and looked at him. His back was to me and his head was in his hands.

"Alex. Are you-" I said softly.

"I've done some really bad things, Kate." He spoke in a guilty tone.

It reminded me of how he was acting earlier today. I didn't like seeing him that way at all. It broke me to see him this way.