No Callahan Zone

"Oh Katie Kat!" Anthony moaned out loud. "This is good. No. Good does not even justify this. This is so amazing. It's literally the best meal I've ever had in my life.

"Well I told you I was good at this." I told him in a sing song voice as I rinsed off the last bowl that was in the sink and put it in the dishwasher.

"This - what did you say it was again?"

"Orecchiette Bolognese,'' I told him.

''Yeah, this Orecchiette Bolognese has given me more orgasms than I've ever had in my two years of marriage."

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. This family really had no filter when it came to talking about sex.

"TMI, Anthony." I told him.

He looked at me and smirked upon seeing the embarrassed look on my face.

He had cleaned out his plate already.
He had gone through three helpings. It was unbelievable.

"Oh don't be such a prude. I'm sure you and Alex went at it like rabbits everyday with that apartment to yourselves."

I leaned over and took his plate before quickly turning around.

I cleared my throat. "Um... Alex and I never actually... er..."

"You didn't have sex!" Anthony yelled so loud I wouldn't be surprised if the neighbours heard.

I spun around and shushed him. "Could you not?"

Shock was written on Anthony's face. "Oh I will. How did Alex spend nearly two years with you and never hit that?"

"Anthony." I blushed furiously.

He shrugged. "Sorry Katie Kat but I'm just really surprised."

I didn't want to ponder on it for long but I just couldn't help but wonder myself.

Sure I didn't really want to rush it. I wasn't even one of those girls who was an expert on such matters. I had only had sex once and that was with my first and only true boyfriend, Dixon.

A lot of times, things would get hot and heated between us but he usually stopped things. I used to think it had something to do with the timing but maybe there was something else.
No. I couldn't be thinking like this. Especially when I was supposed to be trying to not think about Alex.

"Can we please change the topic? Are you thirsty?" I asked.

Anthony respected my wishes and didn't bring it up again. "Yeah, I could use some scotch."

"No." I told him sternly. "This is a no alcohol, no smoking household."

"What? That's not fair! I need alcohol to function."

"No." I raised a finger at him. "You don't. You just think you do."

"Katie Kat, don't be a villain. I get this from my wife back home. I don't need to get it from you too."

"Anthony. Can't we just let this be a... A Callahan free zone."

"That's kind of hard you know, considering Callahan is pretty much in my DNA."

"What I mean is... I just want a place where I don't have to be Katelyn King. Where Callahan rules don't apply. Where we can just... you know... relax the right way." I took a glass tumbler and walked towards the dispenser on the fridge and pulled the lever, letting some water pour in it.

"Relax? I haven't heard that word in a really long time." Anthony spoke.

I handed him the glass tumbler. "That's my point. Don't you just want to forget all your problems for a while."