Unsafe

I was woken up by the sound of a hushed voice speaking impatiently. My eyes fluttered open and I spotted Jason standing by his closet, shirtless might I add. All he had on was a pair of loose basketball shorts. His toned back was the only thing I could see. He ran his hand through his wet hair as he spoke into his phone. It sounded like he was getting more and more angry by the second. I saw him clench one of his bandaged fists.

"..Je m'en fous. Ce n'était pas de ma faute ... Ouais, je sais, mais ... je vous en prie, pourquoi ne vous demandez-vous pas ... alors arrête de me blâmer! Bien sûr, je le fais encore ... mais elle ne le fait pas ! D'accord? Et il n'y a rien que je puisse faire à ce sujet ... bien, peut-être, elle le mérite ... Je ne suis pas enfantin! ... Pas d'offensive, mais vous êtes la dernière personne à laquelle je veux prendre des conseils de relation, Harry. ." He spoke the last  part bitterly in what I recognised as French. I didn't even realise that I was still in Jason's office chair with my legs folded underneath my body. My hands were propped up on the desk for support.
All it took was for him to say Alex's or rather,  Harry's name and I found myself losing my balance and falling to the ground, I landed on my side with a thud.

Jason immediately turned around to look at me in confusion.

It seemed like Alex was trying to get his attention on the other end of the phone call because he turned to the side and spoke into his phone hurriedly.

"Rien, c'est juste Kate ... rien ... Je n'ai rien dit! D'accord? Vous savez que je ne vous le ferais jamais... yeah, I understand... yeah,  she is." Jason suddenly turned to face me with a neutral expression then quickly turned away again.

"Je ne pense pas que ce soit une bonne idée. Harry, non! Comment peux-tu- " he let out a frustrated sigh. "I am just trying to look out for you... fine..."he growled the last part before turning to face me again.

This time he started walking towards me and held the phone out to me.
"He wants to talk to you." Jason told me.

I bit my lip as I looked down at the phone. I wanted to take it and talk to him. I really did. I wanted to hear his voice and just make sure that he was still real. That he had existed. But there was still this ache in my chest whenever I thought about him, much less said his name. I just couldn't bare it. I couldn't talk to him.

I shook my head furiously at Jason.
He didn't show any change in expression to my decision. He just put the phone back on his ear.

"...I told you, she isn't ready... nothing! I'm just trying to help - come on! Harry... Harry? Hello?" Jason cursed before tossing his phone aside.

He walked away from me in anger and plopped down on his king sized unmade bed. He laid on his back and used one hand to rub his temple in frustration.

I got up from where I still sat on the floor. I flinched when I felt sudden pain in my neck.
That is the last time I am sleeping on a desk.

My hand moved subconsciously to massage the right side of my neck. I took a step forward and looked at Jason but my eyes quickly averted when I realised what a perfect view of his abs I had. He was still very much shirtless, and even lying down you could tell how defined his tummy was.

"Um... Jason?" I called.

"What?" He snapped, his eyes were fixed on the ceiling.

I rubbed my arm nervously.

"I'm really - okay, could you please put on a shirt first?" I asked as I focused on my intertwined fingers rather than on him.

He pushed himself up into a sitting position and looked at me. "It's my damn house. I'll remain shirtless if I please."