The Double Agent

Kate

I fiddled with my hands nervously as Gio kept going on and on about how he couldn't believe that he was dressing someone attending a Callahan family brunch.

I could only imagine what Jason would think of his ranting.

Jason...

I hadn't seen him since last night. After Anthony caught us doing what we did, I couldn't take the suspense of what would come next. I couldn't stop thinking about what they could have been be talking about and what it would mean for me.

So I ran up to my room and sat in here, trying not to worry.

What was the worst that could happen?

What if Anthony felt like I betrayed Harry?

There was so much hatred and anger in his eyes. He's the one who talked me into saying for Harry. Not Jason.

What would this mean for me?

Would he get so mad that he would send me away?

Or worse... rat me out to the Boss...

Not if Jason had something to say about it.
A voice in my head told me.

You're right. Another one whispered.

I had also been debating whether that kiss had been my fault or his.

Who engaged it? Was it mutual?
All I knew is that I was too caught up in enjoying it to think about anything else.

I had been wanting Jason to kiss me for the longest time and it made me feel even more guilty than I already did.

I was supposed to make him fall for me. Not the other way around.

Whenever he would talk to me or stand close to me, I would get all giddy and excited. His close contact made me want to be closer to him.

It made me mad and ashamed.
I mean what was I thinking? Where were these feelings coming from?
This was Jason Callahan I was talking about. Critically acclaimed player.

He specialised in models for goodness sake. And technically, I was one now.

What if this was just another game to him?
What if I was to be another conquest?

But then again... The way he looked at me... you don't just look at someone like that...

I shook the thoughts away and tried to keep myself in the present.

Another thing that sent my nerves over the urge.

Zoila had come to wake me up and tell me that I was to accompany Jason to a family brunch.
My first instinct was to think it was a trick. A trick designed by Anthony and Jason to get me to a remote place and 'take care of me'.

Why didn't Jason just come up and tell me himself?

Should I be afraid?

I wanted to slap myself. After all I had seen of both Jason and Anthony, did I really believe they could still hurt me?

I mean why not, though? Harry and I were officially done. They had no allegiance to me.
No reason to risk their butts for me.

"Tilt your head to the side." Riley told me as she continued working on my makeup quietly.

Unlike Gio who was now saying that if there was an award for being a personal designer, he deserved it.

"Gio, there's creme brule in the kitchen." Riley suddenly spoke, cutting him off short.