Interrogations II

I could hear the sound of beeping and that's what brought me to attention.

My eyes immediately opened and I tried to sit up but was immediately pushed down by strong hands. A sharp pain ran through my side as my back hit the bed.

My first instinct was to get back up and fight but then I heard a familiar voice speak.

"Relax, it's just me." I registered my Uncle Ben's face and also my surroundings.

I was in a hospital room.

Another person appeared by my side and put her hand on my shoulder. "Jason." My mother's voice spoke. "How are you feeling, sweetie?"
I pulled out one of the tubes that was connected to my wrist and tried to get up again. "I don't want to be here." I spoke.

I've always hated hospitals. Being in them makes me feel weak. I never feel like I'm in control. And bad things always seem to happen in hospitals.

Uncle Ben pushed me down again. "Relax, son, you'll rip your stitches." He warned.

My hand instinctively flew to my side where a white bandage was stuck.

My mind went back to what happened earlier in my hotel room.

The masked guy who somehow broke into my room and snuck up behind me before stabbing me.

I remembered Kate... her touch... her concern.

"Where is she?" I asked immediately, looking between my mother and Uncle.

My mother rolled her eyes."If you mean your little wench, she's out in the waiting room. She refuses to go home." My mother scoffed. "What an act. She's just putting on a show for the paparazzi."

"She's not pretending." I seethed. I could still feel her hand perfectly molding into mine.

My mother gave me one of her infamous 'ice queen' glares.

"You might be easily tricked by anything in a short skirt, Jason. But I am not fooled. That girl is nothing but a-"

"Mother, I suggest that you don't say anything else." I spoke through gritted teeth.

The look on her face was a combination of shock and anger. I had a feeling I'd be hearing from my father soon about disrespecting my mother.

But I almost forgot who the other person in the room was.

Uncle Ben smacked the back of my head.
"Don't forget your manners when addressing your mother, boy."

Trust me when I say that Uncle Benjamin has an iron fist. Literally speaking and figuratively.

My mother pursed her lips and kept quiet which I knew for a fact was dangerous. It's one thing to get yelled at by her but when she doesn't give you any response at all that's when you should be scared for your life.

"Explain to us exactly what happened before the cops get here. We need a solid story." My Uncle Ben spoke.

I furrowed my brows at him. "Why are we getting the cops involved?"

This wasn't the first time I was getting attacked. Sure it was the first time someone had the balls to attack me in my own territory but I had no doubt in my mind that I would be able to find them myself and deliver the justice that even the police couldn't deliver like I always do.

"The paparazzi got involved in this one so we can't handle it quietly." Uncle Ben explained.
My father pretty much has the police in his pockets so it's easy to usually slip out of legal situations but the paparazzi aren't that easily controlled. They live for controversial stories.
I hadn't even been paying attention to the paparazzi. At that moment all I saw was Kate by my side.