Paparazzi

"Really?" I asked Isabella.

"I think you look hot." She shrugged.

I scrunched my nose at my reflection in the mirror. Isa had thrown me into a short and m white dress with ruffles on the skirt. The dress was gorgeous, don't get me wrong but the price was tag worth more than I have ever spent on food in a week. I only tried the dress on because Isabella insisted but otherwise, there was no way I was getting it.

"This is just not.... me."

"That's the point, you're not supposed to look like you. You're supposed to look like a girl worthy of being in the Callahans presence."

I snorted and turned to look at her with my hands on my hips. "Oh yeah? And what's a girl worthy of being in the Callahans presence supposed to look like?"

Isa sat up on the plush love seat they had put in the waiting area of the boutique we were in.
"A girl worthy of being in the Callahans presence is wildly beautiful, she is classy and fashion forward, she is sophisticated and she stands out."

I pretended to think. "Hmm.... lets see, I have zero out of those three qualities." I slipped off the heels that were hurting my feet. "This is never going to work, Isa."

She got up and walked towards me. She on the other hand looked born to be a runway model in her platinum sleeveless jumpsuit, her dark hair was up in a simple ponytail and her makeup looked like it had been done by a professional make up artist.

Sure I've always known how gorgeous Isa was. I've always been a bit envious actually but now she looked simply flawless. She looked like everything she expected me to be.

Isabella put her hand on my shoulder.
"You've got all those things and more, sweetie. You can do this. Do it for Alex especially. You didn't know him before but I've known him my whole life and I know that he has changed for the better since he met you."

Her words warmed my heart. It felt good to know that I had at least done something to make his life better because him and Isabella made my life a whole lot better just by entering it.

"What was he like before?"

Isa gave me a weak smile. "A jerk. A huge jerk. But that was only after he had gone through a lot of life changing things. It's not my story to tell but I hope one day he'll tell you himself."

I nodded understanding her position. Alex has always been secretive. I never tried to push him in fear of having him close up forever.

"What about you?"

"What about me?" She asked.

"What happened for you to hate Jason so much?"

She was taken a back for a second but quickly built her defences back up.

As I said, Isa has never been the type to open up easily. She moved to the nearest clothing rack and kept going through the clothes.

"Have you met him?" She asked with a humourless laugh. "I mean can you blame me?"

"Well an outsider, no, but you grew up with him. You should be immune to his jerk like behaviour by now."

She was avoiding eye contact now. "Honestly, Katie, I don't hate Jason. There are just some things he has done that I can't forgive him for."

I didn't ask any more questions and I didn't have the chance to anyway because at that moment three girls came waltzing towards us.

"Isabella?" a dark haired pretty Asian girl exclaimed.
Isabella looked up and a huge smile (obviously fake) grew on her face.