Runaway

Everything started spiraling out of control.

Jason would hardly even look at me.

Not only because he officially distrusted me now but also because he was too busy getting all sorts of calls from people in New York asking him where he was and when he was going to get back.

His family seemed to be pilling lots of responsibilities on him now with Anthony down.

He still wouldn't tell me much about Anthony's injuries but I knew for sure that it had 'Dean' written all over it.

Right now my cell phone was off because I didn't want to hear anything from Dean.

Everything he told me just seemed to make my situation worse. Any bout of sympathy I had once haboured for him was long gone.

This wasn't about him. Or maybe it was...

My Uncle Gavin, Dixon, Gary, the Callahans. They had chosen to do this.

To play this manipulative game that was no good for anyone.

But Jason was just stuck in the middle and I so desperately wanted to pull him out.

But I couldn't do that by lying and making deals with villains.

Jason knew more about lies and deals than I did.

He saw them everywhere he looked in his world.

He didn't want lies and treachery. He didn't need lies and treachery. He needed the opposite and he thought he could get it from me but I betrayed him.

I heard the door slam open as Jason angrily stormed in.

I was seated cross legged on the bed of the hotel.

We were on our way back to New York but had to make an emergency landing because the weather suddenly changed and was unfavourable for flying.

You can imagine how mad that made that made Jason. He cursed and yelled. A lot.

I tried to calm him down but he especially didn't want my comfort.

He had a driver drop me off at a hotel before disappearing somewhere, I assumed it was to find a jet willing to fly in this weather.

But when I caught the whiff of alcohol on him, I knew the answer immediately.

He marched past me as if I wasn't even here and went to the suite's little foyer.

''Room service sent up dinner.'' I muttered as I gestured to the untouched plate in the middle of the room.

Jason grumbled something that I think was 'not hungry' as he walked away.

I sighed and got off the bed and followed him. He had sank down on a sofa and was taking off his shoes.

''You have to eat something. Drinking on an empty stomach isn't advised.'' I spoke.

He didn't reply. He just took off his socks and stuffed them into his shoes.

''I can fix up something else for you if you're not in the mood for hotel food.'' I offered. Even I knew how ridiculous it was acting like everything was normal and like last night never happened.

"He still didn't respond and just sank back in the sofa. He fished into his pocket and took out a pack of cigarettes.

''Could you not?'' I I asked him.

He didn't look at me. He just fished into his other pocket and took out a lighter.

But before he could light either of them, I marched up to him and tore them out of his hands.