Safety

"Kate." I heard Alex's voice call my name.

I groaned in protest, not willing to leave the comfortable position I was in with my head on his chest and my legs folded up on the seat.

I heard a deep chuckle escape his lips.

"If she isn't going to get up, we are leaving her." I heard Jason growl and that was enough to spark enough fear in me to open my eyes and seat up.

I was still a little groggy from my nap but I could tell that we had landed. We were no longer in the air. We had arrived in New York.

Apart from Alex, Jason, Isabella and I, approximately six other men were on board, not including the pilot and the air hostesses.
I could only guess that they were body guards.
Alex stood up and stretched.

"Home, sweet home." He muttered sarcastically.

Jason walked towards him he clapped his hands together. "Okay, first things first. You and Bella have a meeting scheduled with the boss in an hour at his house so you better get going."

I saw Alex's expression change into one of worry. Even Isa, who is usually fearless seemed scared.

"We can't be late for our scolding now, can we?" Alex muttered.

He held out his hand for me. I took it and let him pull me up.

"Whoa there lover boy!" Jason yelled. "Do you really think it's a good idea to take your little mistress along?"

I didn't appreciate the use of the term 'mistress' but I figured I better get used to receiving insults from Jason. He was never going to like me.

Alex stepped forward.

"Jason, we agreed that I am not leaving her behind, no matter what." The defensiveness in his voice made my heart warm.

"I'm not saying leave her behind. I'm saying you might wanna let the boss cool down before you go around introducing your new girlfriend. Besides, the paparazzi is already out there waiting to hound you. Do you really want her to have to experience that on her first day?"

"I'll stay with her." Isabella volunteered.
Wow, they really didn't want to leave me behind, that alone scared me. I had no idea what Jason was capable of; from what I could deduce so far. I could tell, due to his reluctance to hurt Isabella, he would never hurt his family. But I'm not his family. He has made it very clear that I am nothing but an unwanted outsider.

"Goodness! Did both of you lose a few brain cells when you ran away? You know you can't leave Harry, Isa, you're his bodyguard. Besides, the boss has a bone to pick with you too."

Jason told her. He gave her a meaningful look.
I saw Isa gulp and I wondered if the matter ran much deeper than her just running away.

Jason sighed when he saw the look Alex and Isabella shared.
"I'll take care of your little princess."

Alex turned to face me. He put his hands on my shoulders and pulled me into a hug before placing a kiss on my forehead.
"I'll be back before you know it. I love you." He told me.

"I love you too." I replied.

He turned back to face Jason.
"Where are you taking her?"

"To Anthony's house. She'll be safer there." He explained.

Alex looked at me then back at Jason.
"Jason, I swear if anything happens to her-"

"Don't worry about it, baby brother." Jason spoke insistently. "Now get going. You know how the boss hates to be kept waiting."