Rule Breakers

God really has a funny way of working.
I thought to myself as I looked around my room.
The same room Jason had placed me in during the brief time I had lived with him.
I despised the room and couldn't bear to stay in it and now here I was, returning willingly.

"All done, Kate." Zoila told me as she emerged from my closet with a now empty suitcase in her hands which she slid under my bed.

I needed clothes if I was going to be spending an indefinite period of time with Jason.

I had suggested I ask Gio to bring my stuff over but Jason had said he was already in enough pain and having Gio over would only drive him crazy. So, since Zoila was cleaning up my apartment today, I figured she would be able to bring some stuff over for me.

"Thanks Zoila." I told her with a smile.

She returned it. "No problem. If you need anything, Miss Kate, just ask."

I nodded at her. I was going to remind her that she didn't have to call me 'Miss' but I figured it was just in her system. At least she was using my first name instead.

I looked at the time. "I was going to get dinner started actually. I... um want to surprise Jason. What's his favourite meal?"

As far as seduction goes, I was hopeless. Evidence of that could be found earlier today when I had finally been allowed into Jason's room. I was so nervous and flustered and I just ended up blabbing stupid things and embarrassing myself.

So, yeah, being flirty wasn't going to be my play...

But the one thing I was good at was cooking and they do say the key to a man's heart is through his stomach.

"One of the hotel's chef's usually prepares something for Senór Jason and sends it over." Zoila replied. "I don't really know what his favourite meal is."

I huffed. "I guess I'm just going to have to surprise him."

Being creative and experimental and making delicious and unique meals was what I did best. I used to do it all the time at  the restaurant I worked for in Seattle. Especially for... Alex...

Goodness!

He seemed like a lifetime ago. I hadn't had time to think about him lately. I didn't realise that as the days passed by, he frequented in my head less and less.

Sure I remembered what he did.
How could I forget?
But something else had been taking up my thoughts... someone else actually.

I felt a sensation that I could only describe as guilt for allowing myself to even feel the way I had been feeling about Jason. Like wanting him to stay and kiss me back at the hotel.

I had said it plenty of times, Alex was the reason I had chosen to stay. But in all honesty, that changed the minute I found out about him and Isabella. Our breakup is irreversible now.

Then why am I still here playing Dean's game?

I wondered if Zoila would in any way help me get out of here.
I wouldn't ask her to put herself in danger like that but my point was, I could leave if I really wanted to.
I was living in an apartment alone for goodness sake!
Was I really that determined to babysit Jason? I mean what would I get from it?
Jason was never going to fall for me.
Another thought nagged at me. How much I had seen of Jason and how I had seen how alone he seemed. I felt like he had no confidant. Sure there was Anthony but I didn't mean like a brother like him.

Jason is a very closed off person and I know that he probably has no one to really talk to. I wasn't saying I would become that person, I just wanted him to know that he wasn't alone.
Also I felt like I had taken away his closest confidants. Alex and Isabella.