Pillow Talk

"I really don't get why you're so mad!" I yelled at Jason.

He scowled at me. "You know damn well why I'm mad." He retaliated.

I honestly didn't have the strength to argue but I had to. Mr Callahan made it very clear that he didn't want Jason knowing about his words with me.

Why a father would threaten someone to love his son was beyond me. And it made me mad. All I wanted to do was tell Jason the truth.

But I couldn't. If I were to pick who I was more afraid of, Jason or Mr Callahan? It would definitely be Mr Callahan.

I saw it in his eyes, he meant business.

Maybe if Jason found out about Dean, he would blow up and get really angry, but I don't think he would kill me. That's more than I can say for Mr Callahan. I have no doubt that he'd slit my throat in a second if he suspected for even a minute that I was conniving with someone who was trying to take him down.

"Jason, I already told you what happened." I spoke.

He let out a humourless laugh. "Yeah, right. I can tell when my father has manipulated someone. Tell me the truth, Kate." He demanded.

The truth. I almost laughed.

The truth was that I had made a deal with the guy who stabbed him.

The truth was that not only did Dean ask me to pretend to love Jason, but now his father had too.

I was still shaken up from the conversation I had with Mr Callahan.

Things were getting more and more dangerous.

We heard a knock at rhe door of Jason's room.

Jason obviously wasn't happy with being interrupted but he turned to open it anyway.

"Jason, Anthony is trying to reach you." I heard Greg's voice on the other side.

"Tell him I'm busy." Jason snapped before slamming the door.

He turned to glare at me.

I had sunk down to sit on the edge of his bed.

He let out a sigh.

"What did my father tell you, Kate?" He asked again.

Why couldn't he just let it go?

Didn't he get that the last thing I needed was to relive that life threatening moment?

"He just asked about our relationship, Jason. I already told you." My voice was begging him to believe me at this point.

"Stop bullshitting me!" He snapped.

"I'm not." I tried to sound stern but my voice came out as a croak.

"You're shaking like a fucking leaf." He pointed out.

I was. My hands were shaking uncontrollably no matter how much I tried to control me.

He walked towards me and knelt in front of me.

He took my hands in his. I expected him to be angry and impatient but he just looked... concerned.

"You know I'd never let anything happen to you, right?"

Right. That's what Alex said...

How could he protect me? I was barely protecting him and myself by making that deal with Dean.

And he definitely couldn't protect me from his parents. Jason might be influential but I see now that he's nothing compared to his parents.
They have the real power.